About the Role
Your duties will include:
- Leading staff and participating in projects from the Mental Health Review programme of works to ensure the Review recommendations are successfully implemented across the organisation, and completing associated projects reporting.
- Clinical and organisation supervision of staff, administrative and performance management, and development of staff.
- Providing professional services and advice to a diverse range of work areas across Victoria Police including senior management, such as evidence based psychological support programs, consultancy, coaching, crisis intervention and case management.
- Provide high level advice and input into issues of psychological risk, psychological injury, and other policy and practice issues arising from operational situations.
- Providing authoritative advice and oversight to staff and senior managers in crisis situations including the participation in a 24 hour on call service as required
- Consulting with senior management, internal and external stakeholders to ensure delivery of high quality clinical services.
As the successful applicant, you will have:
- Experience in managing a multi-disciplinary team of professionals.
- Demonstrated high level clinical expertise, including the ability to make autonomous judgements in complex and risk situations.
- Demonstrated experience in identifying emerging issues, and developing and leading projects and initiatives within an organisational context.
- Highly developed written, verbal communication and presentation skills, to effectively provide high level advice and influence, and to work effectively with internal and external stakeholders.
- The ability to provide advice and make decisions on issues of individual and organisation psychological risk within a complex and diverse organisation, in line with ethical and legal requirements.
Requirements and relevant information:
- One (1), full time, fixed term from 01/02/2019 until 02/02/2020.
- Applicants must be an Australian Citizen, Permanent Resident or hold a valid work permit or visa.
- Registration as a Psychologist with the Psychology Board of Australia under the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (APHRA). Registration number must be provided. Eligible for membership of the APS.
- Registration as a Social Worker with the Australian Association of Social workers (AASW). Proof of registration must be provided.
- Possess a current Victorian Driver Licence and hold or qualify for a White Class Driver Authority.
- Participate in a regular 24 hour rostered on call shifts
Victoria Police is a large organisation employing police, public servants and protective services officers. Victoria Police provides support to the community 24 hours a day, 365 days of the year.
At Victoria Police our goal is for our workforce to reflect the diverse community we serve. We continually seek to attract and retain a diverse workforce which includes people of all genders, ages, religions, disability, sexual orientation, family and caring responsibilities and cultures including people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander heritage.
Find out what it is like working as a Victorian Public Servant for Victoria Police:http://www.policecareer.vic.gov.au
About the Organisation
Apply for this Job
For details concerning this role, please contact
Phone : 0433533948
Email : email@example.com
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Police Psychology Team Leader via Pro Bono Australia.