About the Role
- High-profile consumer body
- Communications industry
- Supportive work environment
You will undertake policy work to ensure consumer communications issues are advanced. Your interest and knowledge in communications issues, as well as excellent analytical and stakeholder liaison skills, will be the key to your success in this role. Your capacity for strategic issues management will ensure that ACCAN is dynamic and responsive to emerging issues. You are committed to consumer rights and have a passion for social justice and fair markets. The Australian Communications Consumer Action Network, ACCAN, is a not-for-profit organisation and Australia’s peak body representing the interests of all consumers in communications issues. ACCAN is an important voice promoting accessible, affordable and available communications services that enhance the lives of consumers.
You should have relevant tertiary qualifications or equivalent experience in a communications policy role.
Essential Skills for position
- An interest in communications policy issues generally , or the capacity to quickly acquire this knowledge in this area
- A commitment to the effective representation of consumers
- An understanding of Australian Consumer Law and consumer rights
- Knowledge of public policy and industry self-regulatory processes
- Highly developed oral and written communication skills
- Good analytical and research skills
- Proficiency in information and communications technology
- Ability to work collaboratively as part of a team
- Capacity to work independently with minimal supervision
- An academic background in economics/law/public policy/ telecommunications related technology
Desired Skills for position
- Knowledge and experience of working in the community sector
- Understanding of the needs of people with disabilities
Benefits & Remuneration
A salary is negotiable depending on your experience and qualifications. Please contact ACCAN Director of Policy for more details. In support of a work/life balance, benefits such as flexible working arrangements may also be negotiated to meet your personal circumstances.
Closing Date: 21st January 2019
A position description, including selection criteria, can be obtained from our website at www.accan.org.au/jobs
ACCAN is an EEO employer: Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, persons with disabilities and people from culturally, linguistically and religiously diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
About the Organisation
The Australian Communications Consumer Action Network, ACCAN, is Australia’s peak body representing the interests of all consumers in communications issues. ACCAN is an important and independent consumer voice promoting the accessibility, quality of service, affordability and availability of communications services for all Australian consumers with particular concern for vulnerable consumers whose needs are underrepresented.
Apply for this Job
For details concerning this role, please contact
Director of Policy
Phone : 02-9288-4000
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Policy Officer via Pro Bono Australia.