About the role
Part-time: 12-month contract; 3 days per week
Location: HFA Office, Malvern East, Victoria
Closing date: 13 January 2019
About the role
- Opportunity to make a difference for people with bleeding disorders
- Managing a project to identify needs and propose solutions
- Part-time; 3 days per week; 12-month contract
Haemophilia Foundation Australia is looking for a dynamic, experienced project officer to manage its ageing project. This is a 12-month project to assess the needs of the bleeding disorders community in relation to ageing and propose and test some solutions.
With improvements in treatments, many people with bleeding disorders are now living into their senior years, as well as experiencing early ageing. We have done some preliminary work to understand what this means for them, and now need to follow up to explore the questions raised and address their needs. This position is an opportunity to be part of an exciting new field and to make a difference for older people with bleeding disorders.
Reporting to the Policy Research and Education Manager at the office in Melbourne, the position is part-time and is offered for 12 months at 3 days per week with potential for flexibility on days worked each week if some parts of the project are more intensive than others.
The Project Officer will be responsible for the HFA Ageing Project and will manage the activities associated with it.
- Working collaboratively with the HFA team, the Advisory Group, our state member organisations and other key stakeholders to identify the Australian bleeding disorders community needs in relation to ageing and develop a response to these needs.
- Undertaking a further review of the literature to establish the evidence-base around ageing and bleeding disorders.
- Consulting with the bleeding disorders community and other stakeholders to understand the community’s needs and seek feedback on proposed solutions.
- Producing a needs assessment report with recommendations to address community needs.
- Working with web developers to set up a practical online solution with peer support and relevant information.
- Establishing and managing a national community focus group to develop and test the solutions.
- Organising a workshop for the focus group.
- Preparing and sourcing appropriate educational materials.
- Preparing the project evaluation.
Key selection criteria
The successful applicant will have:
About the organisation
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Project Officer – Ageing via Pro Bono Australia.