About the Role
About the position
Working from Warabrook, Newcastle, this exciting new role will join our recently formed Organisational Design and Development Team. The position will coordinate the delivery and implementation of Samaritans’ Safety, Health and Wellbeing Framework. The primary area of responsibility is the development and implementation of programs, systems and processes that focus on supporting and enhancing the safety, health and wellbeing of Samaritans staff, as well as positive outcomes and opportunities for the people we support.
All about you
We are looking for a versatile and non-judgmental person who will passionately support the safety, health and wellbeing of our staff, the people we support, and anyone touched by Samaritans service delivery. Your values will align with ours and you will place a high priority on relationship management with all internal customers and key external stakeholders. A critical success factor for this role is the ability to apply balanced risk management that fully considers and appreciates the needs and priorities of all stakeholders.
You will also
- Possess a creative ability coupled with a flair for implementing innovative approaches to engage and positively influence all levels of staff and leaders
- Have a proven ability to work effectively as an individual and as part of a broader team
- Embrace change and subscribe to the concept of continuous improvement
- Be an excellent communicator who can engage with a wide range of audiences through any medium
- Have excellent time management skills and demonstrate initiative as second nature
- A track record of achievement as a Safety, Health and Wellbeing Coordinator or Business Partner with a strong background in using a best practice approach to support business strategy
- Demonstrated skills and experience in the development, implementation and evaluation of a work, health and safety management system and associated programs and initiatives
- Demonstrated ability in coordinating and implementing technological initiatives and applications that support safety, health and wellbeing
- Tertiary qualification in Health and Safety or equivalent
- Certificate IV in Training and Assessment
- Successful completion of a pre-employment medical, National Criminal History Check, Working with Children Check, and hold a valid NSW Driver’s Licence
As part of the Samaritans team, you will have access to the following benefits:
- The opportunity to work within a recently formed team and help shape Samaritans’ approach to safety, health and wellbeing
- Not for Profit salary packaging options – opportunity to pay less tax
- Ability to access to Fitness Passport membership
- Career and development opportunities
If this sounds like you then we want to hear from you!
We are excited about this new role and welcome any enquiries regarding the position. For a confidential discussion regarding this role please contact Brett McNally – Organisational Design and Development Manager or Brooke Holland – HR Coordinator on (02) 49 607100 or via email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
You must have the right to live and work in Australia.
No agencies or third-party applications please
About the Organisation
For over 30 years Samaritans has been providing unconditional support to many different groups of people. Samaritans core values of compassion, integrity and justice continue to be central to everything we do. Our services support a range of people with a disability, young people, children, families, those escaping domestic violence, and those leaving prison.
Our vision is to build communities where there is care for the vulnerable and where each individual has the opportunity to contribute and participate fully in community life. Behind this vision is a united team made up of over 800 staff members and 400 volunteers who work together across the Newcastle, Hunter, Central Coast, Mid-Western and Mid-North Coast regions of NSW.
Apply for this Job
For details concerning this role, please contact
Brett McNally - Organisational Design and Development Manager or Brooke Holland – HR Coordinator
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Senior Safety, Health and Wellbeing Partner via Pro Bono Australia.