About the Role
SNAICC – National Voice for our Children, the national peak body for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander children, is seeking a dynamic Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander leader to become its Chief Executive Officer (CEO).
This is a fantastic opportunity to be the driving force behind legislative, policy and practice reform that promotes the development, safety and wellbeing of Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander children. The CEO will drive SNAICC’s political strategy and work with governments to ensure that the voices of our members and communities are heard. This is an exciting time for the CEO to lead our team of dedicated and highly skilled professionals into a new strategic era and have real impact for our children across the country.
SNAICC wants to hear from exceptional individuals with demonstrated experience leading Aboriginal community-controlled organisations. The ideal candidate has an in-depth understanding of issues impacting Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander children and families, and strong commitment to their rights, needs and aspirations.
This challenging role includes:
- effectively utilising and bringing in resources to ensure achievement of SNAICC’s core objectives, strategy and annual priorities
- managing the secretariat and its major projects
- driving strategy to increase the profile of issues impacting our children
- fostering strong working relationships with key government and non-government stakeholders
- leading a team of professionals to achieve positive change in the sector.
This is an Indigenous Identified role only open to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples. The filling of this position is intended to constitute a special measure under section 8(1) of the Racial Discrimination Act 1975 (Cth), and s12 of the Equal Opportunity Act 2010 (Vic).
About the Organisation
Formally established in 1981, SNAICC – National Voice for our Children is the national non government peak body in Australia for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander children. SNAICC works for the fulfilment of the rights of our children, in particular to ensure their safety, development and well-being. SNAICC provides a strong voice that promotes the rights, needs and aspirations of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander children. SNAICC is governed by a Board of Directors of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander leaders from the early years, child safety, development and wellbeing sectors.
SNAICC provides key roles on behalf of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander children and their families including:
- Research and policy development, with high-level leadership, policy papers and sector representation
- Training and resource design, development and delivery including topics such as early childhood development, family violence, partnerships, family support, trauma and cultural competency
- Resource development, communications and publications
- Support for sector development, membership and networking
Apply for this Job
To download the position description or to learn how to apply please click the link below.
Please email applications and initial inquiries to: firstname.lastname@example.org. For general information about SNAICC, visit the SNAICC website www.snaicc.org.au. For questions about the role please contact Emma Sydenham, Acting CEO on 03 9419 1921 or 0415188990.
Applications close 6.00 p.m. AEST on Wednesday 23 January 2019.
Please quote in application: SNAICC Chief Executive Officer via Pro Bono Australia.