About the Role
Alumni & Community Giving Assistant, UNSW Alumni & Engagement
- Provide support across a wide grassroots giving portfolio
- 18-month fixed term contract
- Sydney CBD location
At UNSW, we pride ourselves on being a workplace where the best people come to do their best work.
Philanthropy is critical to the success of the 2025 Strategy, UNSW’s strategic plan that sets out the priorities and themes that will guide us over the next decade as we position ourselves as ‘Australia’s Global University’.
Beginning with the appointment of a new Vice-President, Philanthropy in February 2016, UNSW is committed to building a world-class development and engagement team organisation that will advance UNSW’s ambitious goals. Our Development and International Development teams work closely with individuals, corporations, and foundations to raise philanthropic support for the university’s highest priorities. Our Alumni and Engagement team helps encourage the involvement of alumni and friends in Sydney and around the world in the life of UNSW. Our Operations Team ensures that all UNSW donors, alumni and friends receive a consistent and high standard of service and stewardship
Learn all there is to know about Philanthropy at a Go8 university in this early-career role, from grassroots giving and operations through to bequests and major gifts. Provide support on range of programs, designed to offer opportunities for UNSW staff, alumni and community members to contribute to key UNSW, with the goal of developing mutually beneficial giving relationships. Responsibilities include:
- Provide efficient administrative support to the Alumni and Community Giving team and its projects, including but not limited to coordination of paperwork, preparing reports & briefings, ensuring accuracy and completeness of data uploading, and coordinating the UNSW Giving inbox.
- Partner with the Operations teams to ensure successful gift processing and stewardship.
- Liaise with appropriate stakeholders and contribute to the development, delivery and evaluation of relevant Divisional projects and initiatives.
- Collaborate on and contribute to projects across the Division of Philanthropy.
Skills and Requirements:
- A relevant degree and/or an equivalent level of knowledge gained through any other combination of education, training and/or experience, and demonstrated interest in the area of Philanthropy.
- Experience working in a stakeholder engagement capacity with proven stakeholder management skills.
- High level of attention to detail with demonstrated commitment to excellence in program and project delivery.
- Extensive administrative experience with high-level customer service skills.
- Advanced competency in Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and demonstrated ability to learn new systems.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with high level analytical and organisational skills.
- Proven ability to work collaboratively and sensitively with colleagues across multiple teams whilst coordinating multiple priorities.
- Knowledge of health and safety responsibilities and commitment to attending relevant health and safety training.
Manager, Alumni & Community Giving
Applications close: 11pm Monday 28th January 2019
UNSW aspires to be the exemplar Australian university and employer of choice for people from diverse backgrounds. UNSW aims to ensure equality in recruitment, development, retention and promotion of staff, and that no-one is disadvantaged on the basis of their gender, cultural background, disability, sexual orientation or identity. We encourage everyone who meets the selection criteria to apply.
About the Organisation
Apply for this Job
For details concerning this role, please contact
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Please submit your CV, Cover Letter and Responses to Selection Criteria.
Please quote in application: Alumni & Community Giving Assistant, UNSW Alumni & Engagement via Pro Bono Australia.