About the Role
- Based in Ashfield
- Fortnightly Accrued Day Off (ADO) and salary packaging options!
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
This exciting role offers true breadth across the scope of legal, risk, compliance and governance whilst providing support to the company secretary to ensure all of SSI’s secretariat and corporate governance functions are completed effectively and efficiently.
Working as part of a close-knit team to manage day-to-day secretarial requirements and periodic compliance review of all key frameworks and regulations, the main responsibilities include:
- Collate and prepare meeting packs for board meetings and sub-committees
- Ensure effective circulation and return of correspondence to board and sub committees
- Actively engage executive and other staff to complete meeting papers and packs.
- Ensure consistency and quality is incorporated into all materials for board and sub-committee consideration
- Arrange board meetings, sub-committee meetings and circulate to attendees
- Facilitating the induction of newly appointed directors and professional development programs for the board.
- Assisting the company secretary in the preparation of corporate governance principles and plans, implementation of corporate governance programs and acting as the regulatory reporting liaison (ASIC and ACNC).
ABOUT YOU – Selection Criteria
Ideally you would have completed, or studying towards completion of para-legal qualifications or similar with related experience as an assistant company secretary within a corporate structure and have demonstrated experience dealing directly with a wide range of stakeholders including senior executive and exposure to boards. Your exceptional interpersonal and communication skills including confident stakeholder management at all levels will help you succeed in this role along with strong drafting and proof-reading skills. Diary management and/or demonstrated ability to organise meetings and calendars is essential. Well-developed influencing and stakeholder management skills, with the ability to consult effectively at senior levels and the ability to manage priorities and meet deadlines and timeframes is highly desirable.
About the Organisation
Settlement Services International (SSI) is a leading community-based not-for-profit organisation providing a range of services in the areas of refugee settlement, asylum seeker assistance, housing, multicultural foster care, disability support and employment services in NSW. Our vision is to achieve a society that values the diversity of its people and actively provides support to ensure meaningful social and economic participation and to assist individuals and families reach their potential.
Apply for this Job
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Assistant Company Secretary via Pro Bono Australia.