About the Role
In this role you will provide client outreach, group work and in-home skill development with the aim of strengthening parenting capacity, achieving developmental milestones and family resilience. Your focus will be clients of the Choices program, supporting parents and pregnant young women under 25 years of age. You will also be required to provide case work to some Integrated Family Services clients.
This role requires excellent assessment skills, with the ability to effectively engage children, young people and their families, demonstrated experience in working collaboratively with families and the capacity to identify family strengths and competencies, in order to facilitate positive change.
To Be Successful in this Position You Will Need:
- A relevant tertiary qualification in Social Work, Psychology, Early Childhood Specialist and/or related behavioural sciences at degree level with substantial experience; or associate diploma level with substantial experience in the relevant service stream, or less formal qualifications with specialised skills sufficient to perform at this level.
- Resilience to work with and support clients who have been exposed to trauma.
- Experience in working with families, particularly young parents in any of the following service areas is desirable: family services, child protection, housing, domestic violence, mental health, and/or alcohol and other drugs.
- Demonstrated experience working with high needs, complex families, utilizing a child focused family centred approach.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with a diverse range of stakeholders to reach the best outcomes for children, youth and families.
Please Note: It is mandatory for the successful applicant to hold a current Working with Children Check and be prepared to undergo a National Criminal History Check prior to commencement.
About the Organisation
At Anglicare Victoria our focus is on transforming the futures of children and young people, families and adults. Our work is based on three guiding pillars, Prevent, Protect, Empower. We offer a comprehensive network of services and seek to ensure the provision of high quality services that will bring about significant improvements in the life experience of the young people, children and families/caregivers with whom we work.
Apply for this Job
For details concerning this role, please contact
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Case Manager Choices Program via Pro Bono Australia.