About the Role
The role of the Home Based Care (HBC) Case Manager is to provide leadership and coordination of the care team for each child placed in HBC, to achieve the best possible care for the child. This role is primarily responsible for the support of carers and for developing and supporting a support network of carers for each child. This role will work collaboratively with other care team members to ensure the development of a plan that supports the best interest of each child. Contribution to the recruitment, assessment and training of foster carers will occur as required.
To Be Successful in this Position You Will Need:
- Tertiary qualification in Social Work or other relevant area
- Extensive experience in child, youth and family welfare experience, with particular experience in out of home care
- Sophisticated understanding of the legislative, policy and practice environment of out of home care
- Ability to lead and facilitate a multi-disciplinary care team
- Skills and experience in supervision of carers
- Current Victorian (or equivalent) drivers license
- Demonstrated skills in case management
- Well developed organisational skills
- Program development and review/evaluation experience
- Understanding of, and capacity to act according to the principles and intent of the Children, Youth and Families Act 2005
Please Note: It is mandatory for the successful applicant to hold a current Working with Children Check and be prepared to undergo a National Criminal History Check prior to commencement.
About the Organisation
At Anglicare Victoria our focus is on transforming the futures of children and young people, families and adults. Our work is based on three guiding pillars, Prevent, Protect, Empower. We offer a comprehensive network of services and seek to ensure the provision of high quality services that will bring about significant improvements in the life experience of the young people, children and families/caregivers with whom we work.
Apply for this Job
For details concerning this role, please contact
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Case Manager Foster Care via Pro Bono Australia.