About the Role
- Location: Chirnside Park
- Full time
- Salary- $74,524 to $77,605
This role is the primary contact and support for kinship carers and the children. The role of the Case Worker is to provide ongoing support to carers and children involved in statutory kinship care placements. To regularly visit the children in kinship care placements and identify the training and support needs of kinship carers, particularly non-Aboriginal kinship carers in terms of their cultural competence and connection to the Aboriginal community. You will be expected to complete all case management tasks and reporting requirements including court reports and completing carer and Permanent Care assessments
To be considered for this role you must demonstrate:
- Awareness and appreciation of Aboriginal societies and cultures and an understanding of the issues affecting Aboriginal people in contemporary Australia and the diversity of circumstances of Aboriginal people
- Ability to advocate for Aboriginal children and communicate in a clear, culturally appropriate and respectful way with a range of stakeholders including staff and external parties.
- Ability to identify the training and support needs of kinship carers, particularly non-Aboriginal kinship carers in terms of their cultural competence and connection to the Aboriginal community.
- Case management skills required for allocated kinship care cases.
About the Organisation
The Victorian Aboriginal Child Care Agency (VACCA) is the largest organization of its kind in Australia. VACCA is an Aboriginal community-controlled organization that supports and advocates for the Aboriginal community. Our strength lies with our people. Our team is committed to the organisation’s vision and values; advocates for our children and other vulnerable community members; and shows respect for, observance and compliance with Aboriginal cultural protocols, practice and ceremony. Our Aboriginality is what distinguishes us from mainstream services and what enables us to deliver the positive outcomes we achieve for our people
If you like to be part of an Organization that strives in strengthening the safety and wellbeing and cultural connectedness of Aboriginal children, individuals and families in their community, we want to hear from you
Apply for this Job
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Senior Case Worker- Kinship Care Program via Pro Bono Australia.