About the role
Location: Canberra, ACT
Hours: Full time
The Settlement Council of Australia is a national peak body representing more than 100 member organisations which support the effective settlement of refugees and migrants across Australia. The Chief Executive Officer works closely with the National Board, overseeing the work of the organisation including:
- Developing and implementing policy positions in consultation with the SCOA Board;
- Advocating on behalf of the sector including by providing advice to Ministers, government departments and other key stakeholders on settlement policy, service delivery and social planning;
- Resourcing and supporting the sector through the development and provision of information, resources and events;
- Building SCOA’s membership;
- Undertaking research on settlement issues and barriers.
A copy of the job description and selection criteria can be downloaded from http://scoa.org.au/about-scoa/careers-and-internships/jobs-at-scoa/.
For further information and inquiries about the position, please contact Ms Bakkum, Chair, on 0434744987 or email email@example.com
Written applications close at 5:00pm AEDT on Wednesday, 20 February 2019
About the organisation
The Settlement Council of Australia (SCOA) is the national peak body representing migrant and refugee settlement agencies across Australia. We aim to bring these settlement service providers together at a national level in order to create cohesion amongst our members, and improve collaborative and strategic planning processes for the settlement sector.
SCOA’s goal is to help ensure the best possible settlement outcomes for migrants and refugees. SCOA’s vision is an equitable, respectful and inclusive Australia where effective settlement outcomes provide every opportunity to humanitarian entrants and migrants to fully participate in society and realise their full potential.
SCOA provides a credible and informed source of knowledge and advice on migrant and refugee settlement issues, settlement planning, service delivery and related policy and program matters. We work closely with the Department of Social Services (DSS), and a range of other government and non-government stakeholders.
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Chief Executive Officer via Pro Bono Australia.