About the role
- Location- Southern Region
- Full Time Position
- Salary- $87,000-$90,000 (Plus super and salary packaging)
This is a new role funded by the Department of Health and Human Services.
The principle role of the Project Officer will be to provide project support to ensure that VACCA meets its monitoring and evaluation requirements of the Out of Home Care South Initiatives Activities.
The three key project areas supported by the position, include Return to Country, Better Futures and the Keeping Connected, Sibling Support and Placement Service.
To be considered for this role you must demonstrate:
- A sound knowledge and understanding of Aboriginal culture and values and the ability to effectively communicate with Aboriginal people
- An understanding and awareness of Aboriginal communities and the issues facing Aboriginal children, youth and families today.
- A sound understanding of accreditation requirements.
- Experience in child and family case management and/or expertise in administration.
- Strong analytical, solution focused approach with high level organisational abilities and interpersonal and communication skills.
- Capacity to work both as a member of a team and independently.
- Advanced computer skills; specifically, in Excel, Access and Adobe InDesign.
- Ability to travel and possess a current Victorian driver’s licence.
Application Deadline, Sunday 17th Feb 2019
About the organisation
The Victorian Aboriginal Child Care Agency (VACCA) is the largest organization of its kind in Australia. VACCA is an Aboriginal community-controlled organization that supports and advocates for the Aboriginal community. Our strength lies with our people. Our team is committed to the organisation's vision and values; advocates for our children and other vulnerable community members; and shows respect for, observance and compliance with Aboriginal cultural protocols, practice and ceremony. Our Aboriginality is what distinguishes us from mainstream services and what enables us to deliver the positive outcomes we achieve for our people.
We provide a positive, culturally safe workplace environment supported by family friendly and culturally sensitive workforce policies, including professional development, continuing education and staff wellbeing.
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Client Services Project Support and Quality Project Officer via Pro Bono Australia.