About the role
- Leading International Aid and Development Agency.
- Full-time, permanent role, based in Brisbane.
- Lead Caritas Australia’s Project Compassion campaign and grow community support.
The Diocesan Director Archdiocese of Brisbane/ Community Participation Leader – QLD/Northern Region will promote social justice action in the Archdiocese and the wider community, through prayer, reflection, formation, community fundraising, education awareness, Advocacy and volunteering that promotes the work of Caritas Australia.
The role will develop and build strong relationships and partnerships with Senior Church leaders, Clergy, other Religious Agencies, parishes, schools, universities, Diocesan Agencies, Diocesan Directors and the wider community in support of Caritas Australia’s Mission.
You will thrive in this role if you have:
- Significant experience working within a Church, Diocesan or Not-for-Profit (NFP) environment in a community relations, outreach, Parish or Social Ministry position.
- High level ability to coordinate and support geographically dispersed stakeholders.
- Deep desire to spread a mission of social justice – getting out of the office and into parishes, schools, and events.
- An understanding, ability to operate within established church structures and Catholic ethos.
About the organisation
Caritas Australia is the Catholic agency for international humanitarian relief and development in Australia. Through effective relationships with the Church, partners and communities in Africa, Asia, the Pacific and Australia, Caritas Australia helps to end poverty, promote justice and uphold dignity. Our programs promote the good of every person regardless of peoples, religious, political or cultural beliefs. We envisage a world in which children, women and men most vulnerable to extreme poverty and injustice are agents of their own change and architects of their own development.
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Diocesan Director Brisbane/Community Participation Leader – QLD via Pro Bono Australia.