About the Role
We are currently seeking an experienced Executive Assistant to provide high quality 1:1 executive and administrative services to support the General Manager, Strategy and Corporate Development. Being a skilled EA you will anticipate, organise and coordinate work flow through email and diary management, prep are and manage all correspondence, attend meetings, take minutes and liaise with all SSI offices. You will keep track of items that need action by the General Manager, and execute those items on behalf of the General Manager where appropriate. Other duties include:
- Coordinating speaking engagements by managing inquiries, invitations and liaising with Communications staff to prioritise opportunities and make recommendations to the General Manager
- Collate relevant papers and materials, prepare high level PowerPoint presentations, speeches and undertake research to support meetings and speaking engagements.
- Arrange and support travel, accommodation, expenses, filing and all administration duties for the General Manager
- Provide back up support to the CEO
- Processing of accounts payable requests for the division, in addition to having a good grasp of Excel and spreadsheets for budget and monthly expenditure reviews.
- Maintain knowledge of SSI’s operations, processes and people in order to facilitate aligned executive support.
- Providing a bridge for consistent, standardised, timely communication between the General Manager and internal departments.
You will possess qualifications in business administration or a related discipline and have a minimum of 5 years’ experience in a personal or executive assistant role working directly with a senior manager. You are a highly resourceful team-player, comfortable working in a fast-paced environment, sometimes under pressure, while remaining flexible, proactive and efficient. You will have excellent time management and organisational skills and demonstrated ability to manage up. Along with excellent verbal communication and highly developed interpersonal skills, exceptional attention to detail and high-level written skills.
Please respond to the “About You” section in your cover letter.
WHAT WE OFFER
We have a fantastic benefits package that promotes work/life balance; something we are very passionate about! This includes a fortnightly Accrued Day Off (ADO) for full time staff, flexible working arrangements and generous salary packaging options so you can increase your take home pay!
About the Organisation
SSI is a community organisation and social business that supports newcomers and other Australians to achieve their full potential. We work with all people who have experienced vulnerability, including refugees, people seeking asylum and culturally and linguistically diverse (CALD) communities, to build capacity and enable them to overcome inequality. Our vision is to achieve a society that values the diversity of its people and actively provides support to ensure meaningful social and economic participation and to assist individuals and families reach their potential.
Apply for this Job
We offer the opportunity to engage in meaningful work that makes a real difference to the lives of our clients, their families, carers, and communities.
SSI is passionate about social justice and diversity and is committed to being an EEO employer. We embrace diversity in our workforce and encourage applications from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, including those from Aboriginal, Torres Strait Island heritage and people with lived experience of disability.
We strongly believe in protecting the safety and well-being of children and vulnerable communities and take child protection very seriously. All employees will undergo a National Police Clearance and a Working with Children Check as a condition of employment.
If you require a reasonable adjustment please email
Applications close date: 21 January 2019.
Please quote in application: Executive Assistant to the General Manager via Pro Bono Australia.