About the Role
- Do you have experience in providing Governance support to Senior Management/Boards?
- Do you have knowledge or experience of providing high quality legal advice?
- Join a nationally recognised provider of mental health and disability services going through exciting transformation and growth!
You are a highly organized, influential, dynamic individual with exceptional pragmatic judgement and decision-making skills. You have a strong understanding of contemporary risk management practices including knowledge of contract management governance/Board and Committee governance within the Not for Profit/legal and regulatory environment. You are able to uphold confidentiality, sensitivity, discretion and absolute integrity, while building relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
You understand what it takes to be a part of an organization going through a change process and always ready to go the extra mile to meet deadlines, changing priorities and projects.
If this describes you, apply now!
About this opportunity
Due to an existing period of growth in our business, we have a new opportunity for a Governance and Legal Counsel in our Business Development team. This position will report to and work under the direction and support of the Director, Business Development, Company Secretary, however, will work collaboratively with key stakeholders including the Board, CEO, Executive Managers, line managers and employees. This position provides support to the Company Secretary in ensuring that Wellways complies with all legal and statutory requirements and provides reliable, timely and high-quality legal advice and service to key stakeholders.
This newly created role has responsibility for providing expert legal support impacting Wellways with a key focus on corporate, governance, regulatory and commercial affairs. Key drivers of this role will be:
- Oversight of Wellways contract register, including service contracts with senior and local management.
- Assisting the Company Secretary with reviewing and managing all processes and procedures – Board functions, Mergers & Acquisitions, Group Structure, Corporate Governance and Regulatory Obligations.
- Providing governance and administration service support to the Board including the optimal uptake of the Wellways Board Portal.
What do you need?
- Minimum 4 years’ experience in similar roles/ Corporate Law including a Legal Practising Certificate
- Experience in providing governance support for Boards and their committees
- Willingness to attend out of office hours meetings and travel across Wellways sites
- Satisfactory National Police Check, Working with Children’s Check and Evidence of Working Rights is mandatory prior to commencement.
About the Organisation
We are a value based organisation. We stand for Honesty, Acceptance, Fairness, Commitment, Participation.
Wellways Australia is a leading not-for-profit organisation dedicated to ensuring all Australians lead active and fulfilling lives in their community. We work with individuals, families and the community to help them imagine and achieve better lives. We advocate for change to make sure people can access the best possible care and information when they need it. We provide a wide range of services and assistance for people with mental health issues, disabilities, youth and older Australians and those requiring community care.
Apply for this Job
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Governance and Legal Counsel via Pro Bono Australia.