About the role
- Drive implementation of Optimal Care Pathways
- Lead development and implementation strategy for this expanding program of key cancer policy work
- Part-time, fixed term (parental leave replacement) position – St Kilda Road, Melbourne
About your environment
Cancer Council Victoria has been leading efforts against cancer since 1936 through world leading research, prevention, support and advocacy programs. The Strategy and Support Division comprises the units of Cancer Information and Support Services (CISS), Research and Programs Governance (RPG), Cancer Strategy, and Optimal Care Pathways (OCPs).
The Optimal Care Pathways unit is key to delivering internal and external cancer control priorities and develop, promote and implement optimal care pathways as a local and national policy initiative to improve the patient experience and benchmark and monitor best cancer care provision.
About your opportunity
We are seeking an experienced leader to head up the Optimal Care Pathways unit. Reporting to the Head of Strategy and Support, your role is to:
- Establish and lead a strategic plan to achieve Cancer Council OCP deliverables and drive uptake of OCPs throughout the cancer care system
- Oversee continual development of OCP operational and implementation strategy
- Provide ongoing support and coaching to direct reports in the management of projects and achievement of objectives
- Work closely with the Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) Cancer Strategy and Development team, and oversee stakeholder engagement to foster collaboration between Cancer Council, DHHS, Integrated Cancer Services (ICS), clinicians, consumer advocacy groups, and other relevant stakeholders
All about you
We are looking for someone with:
- A relevant tertiary qualification and experience delivering on strategic priorities within health and/ or government sectors.
- Experiential understanding of clinical and government systems, processes and policies, and an appreciation of the cancer care system at state and national levels.
- Strong project management experience including a track record in successful coordination of multiple projects and delivery of project milestones within allocated budget and timeline.
- Exceptional relationship management skills with the ability to effectively partner with government, clinical networks, consumer groups and internal stakeholders to collaborate, negotiate and influence outcomes.
What we can offer you
This part time (0.8 FTE), fixed-term (parental leave replacement for 12 months) position provides a salary within range $82,316 – $97,406 pa ($65,823 – $77,925 pa for pro rata) plus superannuation, annual leave loading and the benefits of not-for-profit salary packaging and a meal entertainment card. We also offer a flexible and friendly work environment, social and wellbeing activities and a location close to public transport.
About the organisation
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Head of Optimal Care Pathways (OCP.00) via Pro Bono Australia.