About the role
LifeWorks are a relationship, counselling and education service provider who believe that every relationship is a thread, threads which are woven together to form the tapestry of our lives. Since 1947 LifeWorks have been committed to supporting Australian’s through life’s challenges and transitions.
By offering a wide range of services to individuals, couples and families regardless of, gender, religious affiliation, race, cultural heritage, sexual orientation or economic circumstance, they are promoting healthy individuals, and respectful and fulfilling relationships and smoother life transitions across the Victorian community.
Benefits & Culture
- Salary packaging and additional end of year leave provision
- Professional development opportunities
- Central office location
This key management role will be responsible for the operational management of the city and northern suburban branches of LifeWorks. You will ensure that all sites run smoothly and provide high quality services. A vital part of the role is leading and supervising the branch teams of psychologists, counsellors and allied health workers and ensuring that Lifeworks is connected to the local communities’ and service providers.
You will manage a small number of complex cases to develop your own practice and;
- Ensure that client care adheres to quality standards and evidence based best practice
- Mentor and developing clinicians and providing case consultancy
- Provide clinical supervision to staff
- Provide critical incident program support
- Establish and maintain effective community relationships
You are a registered psychologist/social worker with tertiary qualifications in psychology/social work/behavioural social science or post graduate studies in relationship counselling or family therapy. Experience in family or relationships therapy, Clinical Psychology or related fields is also an advantage.
As an experienced manager you enjoy mentoring and motivating teams, building external partnerships whilst also engaging in some client case work. You will have;
- Demonstrated experience leading and managing a team of clinicians
- Ability to professionally develop, coach and mentor staff
- Demonstrated case work experience in counselling
- Demonstrated experience in education and preventative programs e.g. family violence and crisis intervention
- High level of interpersonal, communication and networking skills
- Commitment and capacity to work professionally, flexibly and in the best interests of clients
- A current driver’s licence is essential
If you want to use your leadership expertise and play a key role in the successful delivery of the clinical services to Victorians, then please apply by submitting your resume and covering letter in MS Word format quoting #66287 or phone Anna Skeels or Emma Naglieri on 03 8319 4070 for further information.
*National police check and Working with Children Check are mandatory.
About the organisation
How to apply for this role
Please quote in application: Manager City North Region via Pro Bono Australia.