About the role
Royal Far West’s Marketing Specialist is responsible for the development, implementation and execution of activities which enable RFW’s key priorities of revenue generation, advocacy, brand awareness, service delivery and stakeholder engagement.
You will work closely with the Head of Marketing, Communications and Fundraising, Digital Content Manager & PR/Content Manager in the execution of the marketing and social strategy.
As the Marketing Specialist you will play an integral role in supporting the Business Directorate to execute their 3-year plans. From online (social – organic and paid advertising, website, email/nurture) to offline (press, collateral, events) you will respond to internal briefs, and work with business areas to meet their objectives.
Reporting to the Head of Marketing and Communications, the Marketing Specialist is responsible for:
- Execution of RFW’s external marketing and communications activities ensuring alignment, effective brand integration and achievement of planned goals.
- Leading the development and execution of tactical campaigns to support the various programs of Royal Far West – Health, Fundraising, Venue Hire, Corporate/Philanthropy, Advocacy
- Lead on the management and delivery of internal briefs
- Website – reporting, optimisation and regular updating of the website.
- Search/Paid media – reporting, optimisation and liaising with pro bono partners
- Design, develop/build online/offline communications for our various audiences – donors, branches, corporate partners etc
- Providing advice, support and guidance to RFW teams to support consistency in key messaging and brand alignment.
- Support the broader team for key flag ship events such as the Ride for Country Kids and the Gala event.
- Representing RFW publicly as an active advocate and ambassador.
An attractive remuneration package will be negotiated with the successful candidate
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- A minimum 2 years’ experience in a similar role, preferably in the not for profit sector and relevant tertiary qualifications.
- Knowledge and experience of communications, marketing and brand strategy is a pre-requisite for the role and NGO experience is preferable.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience using the Adobe suite and ability to design basic collateral/digital assets
- Experience in managing the creative process from design through to production and ideally will have design skills.
- Knowledge and experience with Google Analytics and Word press
- Results orientated and self-motivated
- Project management skills with a high attention to detail
- Ability to prioritise and effectively manage multiple projects/tasks to deadlines.
- Influencing and interpersonal skills with the ability to sensitively respond to a diverse range of stakeholders.
- A proactive and action driven professional attitude and approach with the ability to generate ideas, think innovatively and problem solve.
- Ability to travel if required.
- Availability to represent Royal Far West at fundraising initiatives, activities and events.
- Experience using Salesforce CRM
- Experience working in a charity or member based organisation
- Empathy for children’s health issues
Royal Far West Core Values:
Respect- We value diversity and are sensitive in relationships and to differences.
Integrity– We are open, honest and accountable. We do what we say we will do.
Care- We foster an environment that is supportive and without judgement.
Energy-We apply ourselves energetically, are resilient and encourage innovation
Royal Far West is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer
WHERE WE ARE
Located in beautiful Manly, we can be accessed by bus, ferry or car.
For more information go to https://www.royalfarwest.org.au/contact/
Salary packing allows part of your wages to be paid as a reimbursement of your personal expenses and no income tax is payable on this money. In effect, part of your wage is paid tax free each pay day.
For more information go to: https://www.salary.com.au
Work life balance
At Royal Far West we acknowledge the diverse commitments of our employees outside of work and can offer flexible working arrangements to accommodate the needs of these individuals.
About the organisation
Royal Far West is a non-government organisation based in Manly, which provides multidisciplinary health and wellbeing services for children from rural and remote Australia with developmental, behavioural, learning and mental health difficulties.
We are passionate about helping children from rural and remote Australia, we believe that every child has the right to access the services they need to thrive and grow, no matter where they live. We have devoted and engaging staff that help us achieve this. We go the extra mile to help and work with children so they can have a better quality of life and our goal is to increase our offering and by 2020 to help 15,000 per year
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Marketing Specialist via Pro Bono Australia.