About the Role
- Location: Highgate, Perth
- Employment Type: Full time/ Permanent
- Remuneration: $75,441 – $83,207 + superannuation + salary sacrifice
AHCWA has an exciting opportunity for a passionate, forward thinking Policy Officer to join our team.
As our Policy Officer, you will provide support in relation to National and State level policies that will have an effect and impact on the health and wellbeing of Aboriginal people and Aboriginal communities in WA.
Assisting the Policy and Strategy Manager to monitor National and State Government Health Policies, your primary responsibilities will include:
- Contributing to the development and implementation of a collection of priorities as they relate to workforce, health care plans, health reform and improvement initiatives for the ACCHSs
- Working closely with community organisations, government, non-directed and statutory advisory bodies to promote Aboriginal Health Advocacy
- Assisting in drafting responses to Parliamentary Questions, Briefing notes, Ministerial and other correspondence
- Assisting in the establishment and implementation of key communication strategies, where relevant
- Maintaining a position and view across National and State policy agendas and frameworks that will impact on the Aboriginal Community Controlled Health Sector
To view the full position description and selection criteria, please visit www.ahcwa.org.au/employment
To be successful for this position you will have a tertiary qualification or relevant experience in community development, public health, social science, public policy etc as well as considerable skills and experience in the formulation, analysis and evaluation of policy.
You will have an understanding of the issues that impact on young Aboriginal people in urban, regional and remote communities. Your strong interpersonal, communication and organisational skills will enable you to strengthen existing community partnership, establish and sustain stakeholder relationships and determine priorities in order to meet agreed timelines and achieve results.
Most importantly, you must be able to effectively communicate, promote and uphold AHCWA’s initiatives and values. Our values underpin how we conduct business. These are embedded in all roles and when applying, applicants must evidence how their skills and expertise match their ability to work in a way that reflects our values. AHCWA’s values are: culture, resilience, accountability, collaboration, passion and integrity.
About the Benefits
$75,441 – $83,207 + superannuation + salary sacrifice
In addition, you will have access to a number of fantastic benefits including:
- Mobile phone allowance
- Support to further invest in your career through additional professional development
- Study leave options
- Annual leave loading
- Bring your dog to work day
- Employee assistance program
- Up to 2 days volunteer leave per year
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
About the Organisation
Governed by an Aboriginal Board of Directors who represent all regions in Western Australia, AHCWA aims to promote and strengthen the ACCHSs’ model of care. A model that is built around the delivery of comprehensive, holistic, and culturally secure primary health care services.
Apply for this Job
Applications close at 5pm, Sunday 27th January 2019
For further information about this position please call Sarah Calder on 08 9227 1631
As per section 51 of the Equal Opportunity Act 1984 (WA) AHCWA seeks to increase the diversity of our workforce to better meet the different needs of our clients and stakeholders and to improve equal opportunity outcomes for our employees.
Please quote in application: Policy Officer via Pro Bono Australia.