About the role
About the organisation
- Are you experienced in promoting programs and maintaining productive working relationships with schools and local community networks?
- Are you able to work autonomously and strive to achieve Targets & KPI’s?
- Do you have proven time management and organisational skills, including the ability to plan workload, priorities and meet deadlines?
- Do you want to make a genuine difference to the financial well-being of low income Australian families?
The Saver Plus Coordinator is vital in managing and facilitating one of our most valuable programs – Saver Plus. Your role will be varied, busy and incredibly rewarding as you deliver, promote and create exposure to a financial literacy program that will have a long-lasting impact on some of Australia’s low income families.
A day in the life of a Saver Plus Coordinator might look like this, but really every day will be different:
- Promoting the Saver Plus program to referral networks including local schools, community groups and other relevant organisations
- Conducting interviews with potential Saver Plus participants to assess their eligibility and capacity to develop a savings goal along with developing a budget
- Database entry and management
- Follow up with participants to provide support and guidance in regards to program
- Deliver/ teach the MoneyMinded financial skills training program to groups of participants
- Submit written reports
- Respond to emails and phone messages
To be one of our Saver Plus Coordinators, you need to have the ability to work with limited direction, achieve outcomes and be fantastic with people. You radiate confidence and belief in the Saver Plus program. You need to be able to manage a number of different tasks all at once, without letting anything fall through the cracks. You need to have strong facilitation experience and be a nimble administrator as many aspects of this role are about making sure things are on track. Most of all you care, lots, about helping some of the most disadvantaged in our society.
This is a part time position working 15.2 hours per week, 12 months maximum term.
Salary will be in the range of $67,286.36 to $73,746.76 pro rata per annum, based on skills and experience plus superannuation. Attractive salary packaging provisions are available to increase take home pay.
A copy of the position description and screening questionnaire can be downloaded at https://www.bsl.org.au/about/careers/jobs/ . For further information about the role phone Program Manager (Acting) Cara Bradley on 03 9445 2429.
As part of the Brotherhood’s recruitment and selection process, applicants will be required to undergo pre-employment checks as required, applicants will be subject to, but not limited to, the following checks: National (and International if applicable) Police Check, Victorian Employee Working with Children Check, Right to Work in Australia, Disability Worker Exclusion Scheme Check and current professional registration.
Applicants are required to submit a resume and complete the screening questionnaire. Applicants who do not complete the screening questionnaire will not be considered for shortlisting.
Email written applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close: Thursday, 17 January 2019, 5:00pm
The Brotherhood of St Laurence has a vision of an Australia free of Poverty. We embrace, and value, diversity of culture, working arrangements, sexual orientation and gender identity to ensure our workforce is representative of the community that we work within. We promote a workplace that actively seeks to include and welcome unique contributions of all people. We embrace and celebrate the value of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander staff, their skills and contribution to our organisation.
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Saver Plus Coordinator - Bendigo via Pro Bono Australia.