About the Role
About the Service
The Fundraising & Communications (F&C) Department encompasses a range of professional services including fundraising, major gifts, bequests, events, corporate partnerships, community fundraising, communications and marketing and is dedicated to raising the profile, awareness, funds and support for the ‘good works’ of the St Vincent de Paul Society in NSW.
The Senior Community Fundraising Coordinator will lead community fundraising events and campaigns and champion the community fundraising strategy. You will be responsible for the development and execution of new innovative fundraising campaigns. You will also support community and parish fundraising in alignment with national appeal campaigns and supporting the Events and Community Fundraising Manager in delivering key fundraising events for the St Vincent de Paul Society in NSW.
Your responsibilities will include but will not be limited to the following:
- Prepare and execute a detailed community fundraising work plan to achieve the goals of the Fundraising and Communications Team Strategy
- Develop and execute a new Community Fundraising signature initiative
- Enhance and promote Vinnies signature events and campaigns including Vinnies Community Sleepouts and Vinnies School Sleepout
- Enhance and promote Vinnies DIY and third party fundraising opportunities
- Manage all online giving portal accounts
- Manage all online fundraising events and campaigns through online giving portals
- Coordinate and update the Community Fundraising events and pages on the Vinnies NSW website
- Work with the Marketing & Communications team on communications plans
- Recruit and manage events administration volunteers during high volume campaign periods
- Liaise with the Accounts Team to reconcile, acknowledge and receipt all community fundraising donations
- Manage relationships and billing with third party event organisers and service or product vendors
- Ensure fundraising compliance standards are adhered with all NSW fundraising activities and events
- Research and implement new and innovative fundraising campaigns and coordinate campaign pilots
- Research and implement new third party online and offline opportunities to facilitate fundraising and brand awareness
- Develop and execute a detailed fundraiser journey for long term strategic supporter cultivation across community fundraising opportunities and other fundraising streams
- Participate in the Community Fundraising Development National Working Group to achieve national collaboration and consistency across community fundraising materials and campaigns
To be successful in this role, you will need:
- Tertiary qualification in social impact, marketing, events or business
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a Marketing, Events, Fundraising or Business Development
- Demonstrated initiative and ability to take ownership of projects and an understanding of strategic development processes and a willingness to contribute to innovative projects
- Extremely organised with a high level attention to detail with excellent written and verbal communications skills and proof reading skills
- A positive attitude and ability to work autonomously and as part of a team
- Capacity to work within the Society’s ethos, Mission and Code of Conduct.
- Understanding of the not for profit and social sector and working knowledge of Microsoft Office would be highly desirable
Come and join our team!
By joining one of Australia’s largest and leading charities, you will be working in an organisation which makes a real difference to people’s lives. The St Vincent de Paul Society NSW is proud to offer generous salary packaging benefits to employees where a portion of take-home pay is tax-free.
Prior to an offer of employment, preferred candidates will be required to complete the pre-employment checks including reference checks, a Police check, Working with Children check, a medical check, and Entitlement to work in Australia check. The Society is committed to being a Child Safe organisation, further information can be found in the Society’s commitment to Safeguarding Children & Young People
About the Organisation
The St Vincent de Paul Society is a member and volunteer based organisation that has been assisting people experiencing disadvantage in NSW for more than 130 years. The St Vincent de Paul Society is a leading provider of community support services and has close to 100 Special Works across the State in the areas of homelessness, mental health, disability, financial counselling, supported accommodation, food provision, refugees and migrants and addiction counselling. Our work is funded by all levels of government, the generous support we receive from the community and our 250 Retail Centres across NSW.
Apply for this Job
For details concerning this role, please contact
Email : Katrina.Ortolan@vinnies.org.au
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Senior Community Fundraising Coordinator via Pro Bono Australia.