About the Role
Reporting to and working closely with the Donor Services Manager, you will lead a small team to provide high-level gift services and administration for UNSW’s donors, including gift processing, receipting and data processing. Responsibilities include:
- Coordinate all activities related to receiving, recording, banking and administration of donations using the Raiser’s Edge database and in accordance with relevant fundraising legislation and UNSW policies & procedures;
- Work closely with the Donor Services Manager to oversee team operations, including compliance with University policies, accuracy of data entry, workload prioritisation, and stakeholder management;
- End-to-end project management, including the review and implementation process improvements;
- Lead and mentor a team of 2-3 direct reports to continuously develop capability, optimise staff engagement and productivity, and maintain a donor-centric service culture;
- Work closely with the Philanthropy Finance team to deliver regular reconciliations based on accurate and high-quality data, review and monitor significant transactions and cash-flows, and provide support with internal and external auditors where required;
- Manage the documentation of formal guidelines, policies and procedures and provide training to other staff;
- Ensure hazards and risks are identified and controlled for tasks, projects and activities that pose a health and safety risk within your area of responsibility
About the Successful Applicant
You can demonstrate your leadership experience in donor services, as well as the ability to create innovative and efficient gift processing solutions. Specific requirements include:
- Preferably CA or CPA qualified (or equivalent) and/or relevant experience, ideally in the non- profit sector
- Experience receipting/managing of income, including preparing relevant analysis and reports for a range of stakeholders
- Sound working knowledge of computer applications and reporting tools, including a high level of proficiency in Microsoft Excel, and willingness to learn new systems
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and stakeholder management skills to inform, persuade and negotiate with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders in a high-volume environment dedicated to the delivery of quality services to its client base
- Proven ability to manage and motivate staff to allow staff to maximise their full potential
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to deliver results in line with timetable and quality parameters
- Demonstrated lateral thinking, planning, and organisation skills with a good understanding of end to end processes
- An interest in philanthropy and its impact on society
- Ability and capacity to implement required UNSW health and safety policies and procedures
About the Organisation
At UNSW, we pride ourselves on being a workplace where the best people come to do their best work.
Philanthropy is critical to the success of the UNSW 2025 Strategy. Beginning with the appointment of a new Vice-President, Philanthropy (VPP) in February 2016, UNSW is committed to building a world-class development and engagement team organisation that will help advance UNSW’s ambitious goals. Our Development and International Development teams work closely with individuals, corporations, and foundations to raise philanthropic support for the university’s highest priorities. Our Alumni and Engagement team helps encourage the involvement of alumni and friends in Sydney and around the world in the life of UNSW. Our Operations Team ensures that all UNSW donors, alumni and friends receive a consistent and high standard of service and stewardship.
Apply for this Job
For details concerning this role, please contact
Phone : 02 9385 3655
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Team Leader, Gifts & Accounts - UNSW Philanthropy via Pro Bono Australia.