About the role
Relationships Australia NSW and Settlement Services International are seeking skilled and enthusiastic staff for a joint project funded through the Domestic and Family Violence Innovation Fund (Women NSW).
Building Stronger Families – Working with Refugee and Migrant Communities to Increase Family Safety is a 3 year partnership project to develop and deliver culturally adapted Men’s Behaviour Change Programs, as well as a range of other programs for the family, to specific refugee and migrant communities in their own language in Western Sydney. In collaboration with cultural leaders/stakeholders and communities, we will co-design and evaluate a culturally safe model focused on strengthening family relationships and improving family safety, whilst building on cultural strengths and taking into account settlement issues.
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced group worker to join our Blacktown Centre as the Team Leader for our Group Work programs. As part of the role, this position will be responsible for service delivery and team support within the Building Stronger Families (BSF) project, in close collaboration with Settlement Services International, who are project partners in this initiative.
About the Opportunity
We are looking for a Team Leader who is a qualified and experienced Group Facilitator/Educator with considerable experience in working with families (particularly CALD families) and family violence issues. Cultural expertise and bi-lingual skills are a requirement (Arabic and/or Rohingya and/or Tamil). This is a part time position working 4 days per week leading the Relationship Education Program team.
Your responsibilities will be to:
- Cross agency collaboration with SSI and the CALD Family Safety Coordinator in implementing the BSF project, including promotion to/engagement with community, referrals into the groups, and Steering Committee participation;
- Coordinate the delivery of group programs in language to clients as required (including directly facilitating BSF group programs);
- Ensure quality group work services generally in the region through support, supervision and leadership;
- Facilitate team functioning and performance;
- Contribute to cross-centre responsibilities as part of the local leadership group;
- Provide effective case consultation and supervision, including triage of complex cases and critical incident de-briefing;
- Prepare reports and analysis as required;
- Work closely with the Centre manager to develop and improve staff practice;
- Ensure the Relationship Education Program remains relevant and well connected with other services within and outside the organisation;
- Ensure safe work practices, monitor and report on all associated risks.
This position is a part time position, working 4 days per week, days of work are flexible and will be discussed with the successful candidate. The annual base salary for this position is between $68,357 to $71,816 (for 4 days per week), plus employer’s contribution to superannuation and annual leave loading.
For a copy of the position description CLICK HERE
Where is the position located?
Sunday 27 January 2019 at 11:30 PM sharp (NSW time).
What benefits are on offer?
Employees of Relationships Australia (NSW) enjoy salary packaging and a number of non-salary benefits that have been designed to assist in their personal and career growth and their well-being. The following benefits are offered to our staff:
- Salary Packaging available to staff based on our Public Benevolent Institution (PBI) status, providing additional reduction in tax payable.
- Salary sacrificing to superannuation, some educational courses and other approved items if desired.
- 5 additional leave days per year (pro rata), to be used between Christmas and New Year, and your Birthday.
- Our peer nomination based Reward and Recognition program based on ‘Living Our Values’
- Discounted fees for courses undertaken through Relationships Australia (NSW) Professional Training.
- Professional development opportunities.
- Additional Study Leave for approved educational courses.
- Comprehensive supervision and support for therapists.
- Access to our Employee Assistance Program.
About the organisation
Relationships Australia NSW (RANSW) believes everyone is entitled to positive, supportive and healthy relationships. Our work is centred on building strong family relationships and community connections. As a leading independent non-profit organisation, we focus on those in greatest need, and we conduct our work with respect for difference and social inclusiveness.
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Team Leader, Group Work via Pro Bono Australia.