About the role
- Be part of an organization that makes a difference
- Play a pivotal role in supporting young people to make successful career choicesYout
- Melbourne, VIC
- Max Term Part Time
The Smith Family is a national children’s education charity helping disadvantaged young Australians to get the most out of their education, so they can create better futures for themselves.
Reporting to the Project Lead and working with a dedicated and passionate team, this pivotal role will coach and mentor young people to make effective career decisions to enable them to transition into positive post school pathways, contributing to The Smith Family’s vision.
A day in the life of a Youth Career Coach might look like this, but every day can be different. Primarily, you will be responsible for:
- Conducting coaching sessions with young people at risk of leaving school to enable them to develop career plans
Assisting young people to navigate employment and training pathways
- Building and maintaining successful school, community and government networks related to youth employment and training opportunities
- Working closely with local Smith Family teams to ensure a collaborative and holistic approach to supporting young people and their families
It takes a special kind of person to be our Youth Career Coach. Our successful candidate will bring the following:
- Minimum qualification of certificate IV in one or more of the following ; youth work, social work, career development, education, training, employment services.
- Minimum one year’s experience in effectively engaging with young people with complex needs in complex situations to achieve positive educational and employment outcomes.
- Ability to identify and work with employer needs and requirements to successfully match prospective candidates to roles appropriate to their skills and capabilities.
- Proven track record of developing and maintaining effective partnerships with a diverse range of stakeholder
- A depth of knowledge about the causes and consequences of youth unemployment and the kinds of strategies that are successful in helping young people follow pathways to work.
- Victorian Drivers Licence
Living up to our employment promise, our team members tell us that working for The Smith Family they have great job flexibility and the ability to work alongside committed, passionate and professional team members whilst engaging in challenging, fulfilling and diverse work. In turn, our team members believe that they offer commitment to our vision, mission and values and effective collaboration with fellow team members to delivery strong performance outcomes.
About the organisation
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Youth Career Coach via Pro Bono Australia.