About the Role
Tenants Victoria promotes and protects the rights of Victorian tenants and is a respected and influential advocate for social change, working
to improve conditions for all tenants. Recently they coordinated the successful Make Renting Fair campaign, which significantly shaped the
2018 reforms to the Residential Tenancies Act (Vic). They believe that safe, secure, affordable and appropriate housing is a fundamental
Through their advice line, legal casework, law reform work, training and publications activities, Tenants Victoria supports individual tenants
and community organisations, and campaigns to effect legislative, policy and procedural change.
Benefits & Culture
- Values based culture, highly engaged in the work of the social justice sector
- Competitive salary, with full salary sacrifice entitlement
Tenants Victoria is entering a period of renewal and is looking for an entrepreneurial CEO to shape its future as the leading legal advisor
and advocate for tenancy rights in Victoria.
Leading a highly engaged team you will explore innovative ways of improving the organisation’s service delivery, reach, sustainability
The key areas of responsibility will be:
- Providing vision, inspiration and leadership to the talented and committed Tenants Victoria team
- Representing the organisation and tenants to stakeholders; funding bodies and policy custodians
- Working with the board to develop, communicate and deliver a new strategic plan
- Diversifying service streams and funding sources for growth and sustainability
- Building and leveraging networks that allow for strategic advocacy and media opportunities
- Overall management of the organisation including finance, IT and human resources
You are a visionary CEO or Senior Manager with a passion for social justice and a strong history of providing impact through imaginative but practical projects. Your experience may come from a broad range of backgrounds where you have provided contemporary leadership in a community services organisation embarking on a period of change and innovation.
You also offer:
- An affinity with and political awareness of the community legal and housing sectors
- An inspiring, consultative and decisive leadership style
- Experience diversifying revenue sources to enhance organizational sustainability and reach
- Confident, competent management of people, processes, technology and resources
- A strong network, preferably with some media contacts and training
If you are passionate about social justice and the rights of Victorian residents and tenants please click apply, submitting your cover letter and resume in MS Word format, quoting reference # 66962. For more information please call Anna Skeels or Emma Adams at NGO Recruitment on 03 8319 4070.
About the Organisation
Apply for this Job
Please quote in application: Chief Executive Officer via Pro Bono Australia.