About the role
- Global organisation
- Not-for-profit Christian organisation
- Head office based in Newcastle (NSW)
Reporting directly to the Board of Directors the CEO will provide Godly vision and leadership in helping Compassion Australia fulfil its God given mandate to partner with, equip and inspire the local Church to release children from poverty in Jesus name.
The Board are seeking to appoint a servant leader to build on the solid foundation and strong growth that has been put in place by their predecessor and to bring with them their own set of unique skills and talent to this exciting role. You will also;
- ln cooperation with the Board and management staff, develop a strategic plan for the ministry based on the vision for the long term, sustainable growth of the organisation.
- Oversee and/or manage significant ministry relationships (e.g major Churches), including the leadership of regular international field trips.
- Represent Compassion at a range of events and forum, including major Domestic events and Compassion International gatherings.
- Develop and grow relationships within the global Compassion family.
- Oversee the formulation and presentation of the ministry budget and financial position.
- Foster and develop the desired ministry culture
The successful candidate will possess exemplary leadership skills including the ability to oversee the development and implementation of organisational vision, mission and strategy. We are looking for a servant leader who is strongly aligned to the values of this Christian organisation who has the ability to facilitate change and build excellent ongoing relationships with key stakeholders both internally and externally. You will possess excellent people skills, be highly organised, have sound business acumen and have proven ability to be able to engage with major donors and promote to a wide range of people.
Your detailed knowledge and understanding of the Christian Church landscape in Australia will be vitally important to this role as will be your willingness to travel extensively both domestically and internationally.
About the organisation
Our Client, Compassion Australia is an international Christian child development and child advocacy organisation. Working for Compassion Australia is more than just doing a job, you’ll be using your passion and skills to support children living in poverty all over the world. Recently named as one of Australia’s biggest fundraiser’s, a career with Compassion ensures you will be making a difference.
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Chief Executive Officer via Pro Bono Australia.