About the Role
- Permanent ongoing
- Multiple full-time positions available
- Thomastown and Heidelberg Locations
An exciting opportunity exists within our Integrated Family Services (IFS) team to provide tailored brief and tertiary level interventions within a systems framework to children and young people, parents/carers and families. We are seeking a qualified Child and Family Worker to join our IFS team to deliver outcomes focussed and evidence-based practices, and more broadly, our multi-disciplinary service model that provides support and interventions to a diverse range of clients. Many of which have a history of trauma that may be impacting on family functioning and relationships.
The successful candidate will have proven capabilities in the following areas:
- Providing high quality, ethical and professional interventions with vulnerable families and undertaking systemic psycho-social and risk assessments by applying practice models, relevant theoretical frameworks, organisational procedures, and relevant legislation
- Understanding complex and diverse clients and ensure equitable, responsive and quality services
- Supporting change, innovation and contribute to quality improvements with a passion for evidence informed practices
- Working within an integrated and multi-disciplinary team
Tertiary qualifications in social work, psychology or similar field is required. A Working with Children Card, National and International Police Checks and a driver’s licence are also required.
You will be rewarded with a collaborative and outcomes focussed culture, career and professional development in specialist evidence-based practice models, such as Promoting First Relationships (PFR), work flexibility, staff wellbeing program, and an attractive salary including the opportunity to salary package to increase take home pay.
About the Organisation
Kids First Australia (formally Children’s Protection Society) is an independent not-for-profit organisation that has been supporting children and families since 1896. Our vision is that all children and young people thrive in resilient, strong and safe families and communities. Kids First has a proud reputation for innovation, high quality services, and an unequivocal focus on quality outcomes for children.
Apply for this Job
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Child and Family Worker via Pro Bono Australia.