About the role
- Work as part of a highly collaborative and supportive team
- Directly engage and positively impact service users within a unique model of support
The following positions are now available:
- Permanent full-time – 8am to 4pm Monday to Friday
- Fixed Term Contract – 6 months (full-time hours) covering an existing staff member’s leave
- Casual relief shifts – including Saturdays
Working as part of a close-knit and collaborative team you will support service users through:
- Active engagement in a manner that is respectful, non-judgemental and accepting of the dignity of each individual in accordance with the mission, values and philosophy of St Mary’s
- Providing a welcoming and approachable presence within the Community Support Centre – Pro-actively engaging service users especially those accessing the centre for the first time
- Providing direct service delivery to service user’s, often requiring immediate interventions and informal counselling – supporting recovery and positive outcomes for service users
- Supporting joint planning/care co-ordination and referral with clinical mental health services, Government, housing, drug and alcohol, NDIS, vocational, educational and counselling services
- Design, facilitation and evaluation of group activities and programs
- Tertiary qualifications in mental health, social work or a related discipline
- Previous experience in a service delivery role in Mental Health, Homelessness and/or the wider Community Sector
- Knowledge of the homeless sector and mental health services and demonstrated experience/knowledge of the broader welfare sector and service referral pathways
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, teamwork and relationship management skills and a values-based approach to work aligned with the mission of St Mary’s
About the organisation
St. Mary’s is a purpose driven and faith based organisation. Inspired by the spirit of the Daughters of Charity, St Mary’s House of Welcome seeks to further social justice by standing with disadvantaged people offering support, solutions and hope. We have over 50 years’ experience providing services to people experiencing marginalisation, disadvantage, social isolation and homelessness and have a non-judgmental ‘open door’ service approach to our community. St Mary’s is a place where everyone is welcomed, opportunities for social connection are created, and practical support, structured programs, information and referral to external agencies are provided.
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Community Services Support Workers via Pro Bono Australia.