About the Role
- Permanent full time
- Reports to CEO
- Located close to Wynyard with free on-site parking
- Salary Packaging benefits
The National Trust (NSW) is seeking a results driven leader to join the executive management team as Director, Development, Membership, Philanthropy and Bequests. The successful candidate will develop and implement strategic plans for donor relationship management and cultivation and membership retention and growth, which contributes to increasing the supporters of the National Trust, our advocacy voice and our financial goals.
You will work in collaboration with other executive leaders, the Chief Executive Officer and the Board, and manage a small team. Diplomacy, a keen eye for detail, relationship and financial management are all essential qualities. This role provides the right person with a unique opportunity to engage with and grow our existing supporter base of over 20,000 people.
About the Role
Reporting directly to the CEO, you will manage:
- development and implementation of a membership retention and growth strategy and a diversified fundraising strategy.
- all aspects of Membership acquisition, retention and service.
- an annual philanthropy program comprising patrons, bequest giving, major gifts and appeals, planned giving from individuals, foundations and other potential funding sources.
- donor cultivation, retention and stewardship.
- advocacy for and embedment of a culture of giving across the National Trust (NSW)’s properties, branches and committees.
- As a person known for your integrity and passion for the cause, you have a strong business development and fundraising track record at a strategic and tactical level, with proven results in the acquisition and retention of one-time and regular donors, major gifts and bequests, and securing funds from diverse sources to meet revenue targets;
- You have a deep knowledge of current trends in membership and fundraising programs, technology, systems and models and are nimble enough to adapt what you know to the organisation’s situation and circumstance;
- You possess superior communication, relationship, diplomacy, project management and organisational awareness skills and can successfully navigate a complex matrix of internal and external stakeholders.
Ultimately what makes this a truly special job will be your ability to create lasting and rewarding relationships that connect our supporters to the part of our work that they are passionate about and be able to show them the impact their gift has made on the organisation.
For a full position description or any enquiries call: 02 9258 0159 or email email@example.com
To apply, submit your CV together with a covering letter addressing the selection criteria to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 4 March 2019
About the Organisation
The National Trust is the largest community based, not-for-profit conservation organisation in Australia, operating for more than 70 years. Our vision is to be trusted as the leading guardian of Australia’s built, cultural and natural heritage, and defender of our sense of place and belonging in a changing world. We achieve this by advocating, conserving and protecting our built, cultural and natural heritage and by educating and engaging the community through the sharing and interpretation of all Australian heritage stories in ways that awaken a sense of place and belonging.
Apply for this Job
For details concerning this role, please contact
Phone : 02 9258 0159
Email : email@example.com
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Director, Development, Membership, Philanthropy and Bequests via Pro Bono Australia.