About the Role
This key leadership role reports to the service’s Executive Officer and is a member of its Executive team, contributing to governance, risk management and strategic and operational planning and prioritisation.
Working across the service, the role will engage with team and discipline leaders with local responsibilities relating to knowmore’s partnerships. Direct reporting roles include newly created roles for business/service analysis and development and co-ordination of outreach and community engagement.
- Lead the strategic development and maintenance of key relationships across knowmore’s service delivery areas, including with public and private legal assistance providers and services supporting survivors of child abuse.
- Design and implement frameworks and policy arrangements to support and promote the effectiveness of knowmore’s partnerships.
- Collaborate with other knowmore service delivery leaders to strengthen existing relationships, including with the community legal sector and other partners, to progress strategic aims and specific projects, ensuring mutual benefit and maximising outcomes for clients.
- Identify opportunities for new partnerships, services and funding to implement service innovations and growth aligned with knowmore’s client-centred and multidisciplinary service model and its mission and strategic goals, including the recommendation of the Royal Commission into Institutional Responses to Child Sexual Abuse about expanding legal supports to all victims and survivors of child sexual abuse over time.
- Lead the development of strategic and operational plans around and co-ordinate knowmore’s community engagement activities, including outreach and community legal education activities, to ensure effective reach to survivors facing barriers in engaging with legal services; the utilisation of productive partnerships; and the most efficient use of resources.
- Lead the mapping. collation and management of data and information around knowmore’s partnerships and more generally service delivery to clients.
- Work strategically as a member of knowmore’s leadership team, maintaining the service’s reputation and credibility as a leading and independent service provider.
- Contribute to setting of organisational priorities, and annual budget development and tracking.
To be successful in this role you will have:-
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities in partnership and relationship management in a complex human services context, and in planning, managing and implementing strategic solutions.
- Operational experience in the delivery of multifaceted services to disadvantaged people, with the ability to leverage strengths across different programs and disciplines and to identify and action opportunities for service development.
- A sound understanding, or the capacity to quickly acquire such an understanding, of the legal and other needs of knowmore’s client group, including understanding of the issues affecting Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples and people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds and how those issues impact these peoples in engaging with legal processes and receiving services.
- Excellent project management skills, with demonstrated initiative and ability to manage issues and champion new projects to enhance partnerships and outcomes.
- Demonstrated experience in planning and delivering effective community engagement programs and supporting materials.
- Effective people-management skills in a multi-disciplinary environment, including the ability to actively engage and motivate staff and to drive change.
- High level written communication skills, including the ability to prepare clear and authoritative reports and other materials.
- Demonstrated commitment to social justice.
- A tertiary qualification in a relevant discipline.
- To be appointed to the role, an applicant will also need to comply with the requirements of any applicable legislation relating to legal practice (i.e. not be a person disqualified from employment by a legal practice).
This role is advertised without a closing date, all applications will be reviewed on receipt so please send your application ASAP if you are interested in this role.
If this sounds like the role for you please click ‘APPLY’ to send your resume and a brief cover letter outlining your experience and reason for application addressed to Sadie Kelly. Please feel free to call to discuss on 02 9093 4911
About the Organisation
Apply for this Job
Please quote in application: Director, Strategic Engagement via Pro Bono Australia.