About the Role
- Be part of an organization that makes a difference
- Take your next career step
- Full Time Max Term (3 months)
The Smith Family is a national children’s education charity helping disadvantaged young Australians to get the most out of their education, so they can create better futures for themselves.
Reporting to the Policy Analyst and working with a dedicated and passionate team, this pivotal role will help manage and deliver the Job Read-e program pilot. Job Read-e is a web based app, delivered through a mobile phone or computer, designed to build job search skills for young people.
A day in the life of an Employment Transitions Project Officer might look like this, but every day can be different. Primarily, you will be responsible for:
- Coordinating planning with input from key stakeholders across the organisation to develop and resource program pilot implementation plan
- Supporting Learning for Life team members to recruit appropriate partner schools and students to deliver pilot
- Developing tools and rubric to support provision of consistent careers related feedback to young people by volunteers
- Participating in the review of the pilot and work with key staff to suggest strategies to achieve adjustments or improvements if necessary
It takes a special kind of person to be our Employment Transitions Project Officer. Our successful candidate will bring the following:
- Relevant tertiary qualification
- Excellent project delivery skills.
- Excellent relationship-building skills
- Ability to work autonomously and achieve against deliverables
- Demonstrated high level competency at interacting with technology as an administrator or developer.
Living up to our employment promise, our team members tell us that working for The Smith Family they have great job flexibility and the ability to work alongside committed, passionate and professional team members whilst engaging in challenging, fulfilling and diverse work. In turn, our team members believe that they offer commitment to our vision, mission and values and effective collaboration with fellow team members to delivery strong performance outcomes.
About the Organisation
Apply for this Job
For details concerning this role, please contact
Phone : 02 9085 4901
If you are passionate about what you do, committed to make a difference and this sounds like your next role, we’d love to hear from you. Please contact us today by sending your resume and cover letter to Andrew.email@example.com. For any other information, please contact Andrew Lloyd-Harris on 02 9085 4901.
Closing date: Friday, 22nd February 2019
Due to the nature of this role, the successful candidate must be prepared to undertake a National Police Check and a Working with Children’s Check. We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to principles of cultural diversity. Applications from people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent are encouraged.
Please quote in application: Employment Transitions Project Officer via Pro Bono Australia.