About the role
About the role
You will provide quality child focused early intervention and generalist casework and group work support services to families with children and young people, working with families in the Hornsby and Mt Kuringai areas with moderate needs and risk issues and facilitate groups work across the Northern Sydney area.
- Conduct thorough assessments of families and young people to ensure the child’s and family’s needs are addressed
- Provide informed advice and information and assessing suitability for internal services, and making referrals to other services where appropriate
- Focus on case management and case coordination services to families that enhances the effective support provided to children and young people
- Conduct regular and timely client reviews to assess family progress
- Apply evidence-based practice and drawing on theoretical frameworks appropriate to the needs of the children and young people
- Facilitate high quality group work as required
Essential to this role is experience in effective case management with children, young people and their families. You will also have:
- Thorough knowledge of the potential impact of trauma and disadvantage on children
- Sound knowledge of the needs of vulnerable families and effective strategies that bring change
- Demonstrated ability to provide strength-based support to assist families and children
- Knowledge of housing, domestic violence, child protection, child/youth development and custody issues, mental health (non-clinical) and working with fathers
- Demonstrated knowledge of Trauma informed practice
- Demonstrated assessment skills
- Demonstrated advocacy skills
- Counselling skills and experience
Working with CatholicCare
CatholicCare offers a range of initiatives to actively promote your life/work balance and development of our employees through:
- Working for a not for profit organisation who strive for a world where people are safe, happy, well and connected with each other in inclusive communities;
- Great training and learning opportunities to help further your career;
- An Employee Assistance Program offering free and confidential counselling and support;
- Salary packaging benefits to receive up to $15,900 of your salary tax-free, as well as additional meal and entertainment benefits.
We encourage and welcome applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
CatholicCare is a child-safe and child-friendly organisation – all staff must comply with our child-safe child-friendly policies and Code of Conduct. All child related roles are subject to a satisfactory Working with Children Check Clearance in accordance with the relevant provisions of the Child Protection (Working with Children) Act 2012.
Completing a National Criminal History Record Check clearance is a requirement of this position
About the organisation
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Family Caseworker via Pro Bono Australia.