About the role
- Located in Richmond
- Permanent, Full Time / Part Time role – Salary Packaging available
- Be part of an organisation striving to create a world where all women and children will be safe and free from family violence
The Family Violence Intake Worker will undertake risk assessment, safety planning, information provision, referrals and advocacy for women who are experiencing Family Violence. Working closely with Direct Service Team, the Intake worker also ensures that women who require additional support are linked with appropriate services and provides short term support until case allocation.
- As the initial point of contact for women from multicultural background experiencing family violence, and service providers, to provide confidential, professional, timely and relevant advice;
- To identify and respond to immediate risks and needs for potential clients;
- To undertake comprehensive assessments and support clients to make informed decisions to meet her/ her children’s individual needs;
- To provide women with information about available services and options to assist them in exercising choice on an informed basis;
- To make appropriate referrals for women and children to access crisis accommodation and other relevant services;
- To collect the information required for registration and the case allocation process;
- Collate and enters data into inTouch software( SHIP) to support clear and concise reporting;
- Provide short-term support for higher risk clients between referral and case allocation, if required;
- To help build and maintain effective working relationships with main referral bodies and key agencies;
- Ensure a safe work environment and compliance with inTouch policies and legislation;
- Effectively lead the professional staff in all aspects of people management including providing guidance, support and development.
About the organisation
We are a leading accredited service, which provides programs and responses to issues of family violence in migrant and refugee communities. By acknowledging the rights and diverse experiences of our clients, we develop and implement a number of culturally sensitive and holistic models for the provision of services to both victims and perpetrators of family violence.
In tackling the issues of family violence we act on multiple levels – individual, relationship and community. Our organisation strives to create a world where all women and children will be safe and free from violence.
We care deeply about what we do and are big-hearted about it. Our passion is to be positive, courageous, forward-looking and supportive. If this resonates with you, and you have the skills and experience that we need – the key selection criteria is available from the position description on our website www.intouch.org.au
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Family Violence Intake Worker via Pro Bono Australia.