About the role
The Finance Manager is responsible for the production of accurate and timely accounting information, regular reporting, analysis and commentary, sound financial controls and implementation of process improvements. Additionally, the role coordinates the budget process and manages payroll processes.
- Maintain financial/accounting procedures, controls and practices in line with legal, commercial and corporate requirements and obligations
- Ensure the integrity of income through the regular reconciliation of monthly income from identifying and eliminating differences to ensure consistency of reporting
- Ensure the security of financial systems and the integrity of audit trails
- Deliver accurate, comprehensive and timely financial reports to CEO and Finance and Risk Committee, providing the appropriate insight, analysis and commentary
- Manage the annual budgeting and forecasting process in conjunction with the CEO, ensure a robust model is in place and integrity of the information and liaison with managers
- Administer all facets of payroll including FBT returns and salary packaging
- Co-ordinate and liaise with external auditors on the interim and final audits, including preparing the appropriate analysis for the accounts
- Preparing and submitting statutory returns as required
Skills & Attributes
- Degree qualifications in accounting and certification with relevant professional body (CPA/CA)
- Relevant experience in financial/management accounting activities including general accounting, financial analysis and reporting
- Ability to analyse and communicate financial information
- Computer literacy with a sound knowledge of accounting software (MYOB preferably) and excel
- Excellent communication skills and high attention to detail
- Access to salary packaging
- Good work/life balance
About the organisation
The newly created role of Finance Manager will play a key role within Hepatitis Victoria, providing financial and budget reporting to the Chief Executive Officer.
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Finance Manager via Pro Bono Australia.