About the Role
Reporting directly to the National Chief Executive Officer, this key leadership position will work in close collaboration with the Senior Leadership Team and Board to advance the organisational objectives of this growing business program. As General Manager you will lead and coordinate the collective partnership effort to reduce suicide in the Australian mining industry through strategic management, strong leadership and leveraging of relationships and knowledge of the Mining industry, employers, unions, employer associations and various other industry and government stakeholders.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Build upon and leverage existing relationships with key industry stakeholders nationally
- Develop a sustainable funding model, securing national funding and sponsorship agreements
- Responsible for effective budget creation, financial management and P&L analysis
- Develop and deliver the strategic growth plan for the program in line with research, trends and corporate goals
- Participate as an active member of the Senior Leadership Team
- Travel intrastate and interstate to liaise with employers, government officials, unions and employer association representatives
- Maintenance of governance standards, policies and training materials
- Communicate and report effectively to the CEO and the Board
Skills & Experience required
This is a rare opportunity to take the next step in your career, leveraging your previous senior leadership experience to drive the strategic growth of this national program. To obtain this role you must be able to demonstrate strong industry stakeholder engagement experience and the ability to consult, negotiate and advocate for the advancement of organisational initiatives.
Additionally, you will possess the following:-
- Appropriate tertiary qualifications
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills
- The ability to deliver programs effectively and be comfortable speaking in public
- A willingness to travel as this will be a key requirement of the role
- Demonstrated ability to establish key relationships with both internal and external stakeholders. Your relationship building skills and capacity to collaborate will be critical to your ongoing success in this organisation
Benefits & Culture
This organisation fosters a friendly, honest and supportive team environment. Additional benefits include:-
- Competitive base salary with salary sacrificing benefits
- Increased superannuation of 14%
- Opportunity to make a valued contribution in a growing Not-for-Profit organisation within a key industry sector
- Collaborative, open and constructive relationship with senior management
About the Organisation
This is a national suicide prevention charity that focuses on raising awareness, building capacity, providing help and research to the mining, resources and construction industries. It delivers training programs to various organisations that aim to raise awareness about suicide in the workplace, and to make it easy to access help and ensure that assistance is delivered practically, professionally and appropriately.
Apply for this Job
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: General Manager via Pro Bono Australia.