About the Role
- Newly created aged care leadership role in a growing faith-based organisation
- Join a team of motivated, values-driven aged care professionals to deliver on strategic objectives
- Great opportunity to join a leading NFP aged care provider
Reporting directly to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO), you will provide operational leadership and support to the LHI General Managers of the Residential Facilities, and Community and ILU.
This role has a focus on leadership and the implementation of operational plans to achieve strategic outcomes.
You will be responsible for
- Provide oversight and leadership of major projects including capital works covering refurbishment and new construction
- Responsible and thoughtful management of physical resources to maximise the organisation’s ability to deliver outstanding services and care
- Management of the WHS team to ensure compliance and self-insurance requirements are met
- Managing the HR administration team to assist General Managers
- Oversight of the IT systems team to ensure implementation and integration of systems is achieved to plan
- Oversight of procurement and supply contracts and processes in consultation with the CEO
As a not for profit organisation, salary packaging benefits apply.
You are an experienced manager with commercial acumen and the ability to lead others.
Your experience spans:
- Leadership and management at a senior level, preferably in an aged care organisation
- Demonstrated experience in operational management including human resources, people leadership and motivation, budgeting and service delivery
- High-level business acumen including strong financial management experience
- Leading and implementing organisational change
- Managing organisational risk
- Managing projects and meeting milestones and deadlines
You will have a broad understanding of the legislation, regulation, requirements and issues affecting aged care, retirement services and property management/development. Importantly, you will have empathy with the Christian philosophy of LHI.
A relevant tertiary qualification would be highly regarded.
About the Organisation
Lutheran Homes Inc. (now LHI Retirement Services) was founded in 1957 and they continue to grow today, striving to achieve aged care service excellence by valuing people.
The village at Glynde consists of approximately 300 Independent Living Units, a Residential Care Facility, various community support facilities and a purpose-built church. The Hope Valley site enjoys similar facilities to those at Glynde. LHI cares for over 1,000 people and employs approximately 500 staff.
LHI's caring and responsive management processes have ensured they have kept abreast of the challenges and expectations in the world of providing services to older Australians.
Throughout our history, and in the future, LHI Retirement Services will continue to set new standards in retirement living.
Further information on LHI can be found at www.lhi.org.au
Apply for this Job
For details concerning this role, please contact
Phone : 0401614518
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply, please ensure you upload a CV and cover letter contained in one document, and complete the checklists that will follow. A position description is available when you click Apply.
Please Note: Our RedSeed recruitment process will keep you regularly informed of the progress of your application. Please ensure that you check your email for updates. Applications will remain open until a suitable candidate is appointed.
Please quote in application: General Manager Operations via Pro Bono Australia.