About the Role
The Groupwork Facilitator has primary responsibility for delivering a range of community capacity building programs developed by the AMWCHR.
This role is required to promote community development programs, facilitate community capacity building and deliver community education initiatives that support Muslim communities to strengthen women’s capacity and active participation in the broader Australian community. The role will also contribute to the continuous development of the Community Programs portfolio and AMWCHR’s capacity to develop and deliver direct services to Muslim communities that are of the highest professional standard.
The Groupwork Facilitator is a confident and highly skilled facilitator, has the drive and commitment to grow the impact of the program, and thrives working in a highly independent environment.
The role requires regular travel as program delivery occurs in a range of locations throughout Victoria.
KEY SELECTION CRITERIA
Applicants must respond to the following (12) KSA:
- An understanding of Islamic religious diversity, cultures, migration and settlement issues.
- Qualifications in social work, community development or psychology
- Experience in assessing community groups’ needs and developing training sessions accordingly
- Proven experience and understanding of a participatory, supportive and empowerment-based style of facilitating small and large groups across a diverse range of clients
- Ability to moderate group dynamics and negotiate potentially volatile and sensitive environments
- Experience in facilitating group sessions through different language interpreters
- Ability to manage projects, monitor own work load, pay attention to details and ensure all work tasks are completed in accordance with assigned portfolio and funding arrangements
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work as part of a highly culturally diverse team.
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills in English
- Well-developed time management, record keeping and organisational skills
- Computer literacy skills
- Current drivers licence, Working with Children’s Check and Police Check
About the Organisation
The Australian Muslim Women’s Centre for Human Rights (AMWCHR) is an organisation of Muslim women working to advance the rights and status of Muslim women in Australia. We are a non-religious organisation reflecting the sectarian, cultural and linguistic diversity within the Muslim community.
We work for the rights of women by:
- Empowering women’s self-determination
- Bringing a human rights approach to bear on issues of inequality and disadvantage
- Working with individuals, the community, and government to advocate for equality within the Australian context.
We aim to inspire positive action by others and aspire to continuously enhance the quality, impact and effectiveness of our work.
The AMWCHR community portfolio works with individuals, groups and service providers in the following areas:
- Case work, referrals, secondary consultation and outreach
- Community-based programs and service delivery
- Capacity building
- Leadership development
- Policy development
- Partnership projects
The AMWCHR corporate portfolio undertakes:
- Training development and delivery
- Consultancy services
Apply for this Job
For details concerning this role, please contact
Phone : (03) 9481 3000
Please submit your CV along with a cover letter addressing the key selection criteria.
Please quote in application: Groupwork Facilitator via Pro Bono Australia.