About the Role
If you care about the unique and magnificent Antarctic environment, are excited about frontier science and have strong fundraising and donor relationship management experience, here is a great opportunity. The Antarctic Science Foundation is now recruiting a Major Gifts Fundraiser to join our team.
The Major Gifts Fundraiser will work with the Executive Director, Foundation Development Officer and the Board of Directors to support the Foundation’s purpose through attracting philanthropic funds and building corporate and community relationships on behalf of the Foundation. You will support the implementation of the Antarctic Science Foundation’s Fundraising Strategy and input into its review as part of a continuous improvement process.
We are looking for a committed and positive person to work as a major gifts fundraiser who is available to work remotely and travel regularly. Our office is in Hobart, but you may be based in a major metropolitan centre. You will need to demonstrate the following experience, skills and qualities;
- a minimum of three years professional fundraising experience including researching leads, qualifying, cultivating, soliciting and closing major gifts.
- demonstrable previous success in meeting fundraising and annual metrics targets, preferably within an environmental or research charity context.
- a team player with excellent communication, interpersonal and relationship management skills.
- strong time-management and organisational skills and the capacity to work independently with limited day-to-day supervision.
- a value alignment with the purpose of the Foundation and an understanding or capacity to learn about Antarctic research.
Relevant formal qualifications and professional memberships are also desirable.
About the Organisation
The Antarctic Science Foundation Ltd is an exciting environmental charity committed to supporting world class scientific research that advances the understanding and protection of the Antarctic, subantarctic and Southern Ocean region and its impact on the planet.
We are the only international charity supporting projects across the full spectrum of Antarctic, subantarctic and Southern Ocean research including climate science, wildlife conservation and frontier polar research and technology initiatives. We work with the best scientists in the world and are supported in our endeavours by our public partner the Australian Antarctic Division.
Apply for this Job
For details concerning this role, please contact
Phone : 0362323658
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Major Gifts Fundraiser via Pro Bono Australia.