About the role
- Join our dedicated and passionate Advancement team
- Help turn ideas into world changing research
- Salary from $101,209 – $112,618 p.a. (HEW 8), plus 17% employer’s superannuation and annual leave loading
At Macquarie, we know that when we all work together, we multiply our ability to achieve remarkable things. You are an important addition to that.
You will contribute to substantially growing the University’s philanthropic income through developing programs and initiatives to increase donors and major gifts.
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Major Gifts, you will build and manage a pipeline of major gift donors and prospects. You’ll build strong and ongoing connections both with our internal and external stakeholders.
With a proven track record in securing five and six figure major gifts, you will be a sophisticated communicator with the confidence to build relationships at senior level with colleagues across a complex organization, as well as a broad range of donors. Critical to your success, will be your target driven, creative and engaged approach.
Join us at Macquarie and multiply your potential for success. That’s you to the power of us.
It is an exciting time to join our Advancement team as we progress our Campaign build. This role is being recruited along with additional Advancement roles.
Macquarie is a university engaged with the real and often complex problems and opportunities that define our lives. Since our foundation 54 years ago, we have aspired to be a different type of university. Over the years, we’ve grown to become the centre of a vibrant local and global community. Connect with us today.
To be considered for this position, please apply online and attach your resume and a separate cover letter. The selection criteria are as follows:
- Degree and/or equivalent experience in a related discipline.
- Experience working in fundraising, including cultivating and soliciting major gifts.
- Experience in developing major gift pipelines in alignment with strategic objectives.
- Building and managing relationships with internal and external stakeholders and donors.
- Influencing senior stakeholders.
- Awareness of and sensitivity to a diverse range of stakeholders.
- Experience of managing complex projects.
- Writing briefing documentation for senior management.
Out of hours work and domestic travel will be required for this position.
Specific Role Enquiries: Gemma Elliott, Senior Manager, Major Gifts at email@example.com
General Enquiries: Sarah Rowsell, HR Consultant at firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications Close: Thursday, 21 February 2018 at 11:55pm
Location: Macquarie University, 58 Waterloo Road Office
Macquarie University is committed to Equity, Diversity and Inclusion. We value individual difference and recognise the strength of a vibrant, diverse and inclusive workforce where the backgrounds, perspectives and experiences of our staff are a driving force for collaboration, innovation and impact.
We work to ensure genuine equality of opportunity for people regardless of their gender, age, cultural background, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and/or family status, and we encourage you to apply for a position at Macquarie University.
About the organisation
How to apply for this role
Please quote in application: Manager, Major Gifts via Pro Bono Australia.