About the Role
- New Arrival and Intercultural Program, overseeing the Settlement Engagement Transition Support (SETS) Program, Asylum Seeker Support Program and South/West Settlement Services
- Primarily based in Dandenong with travel to Footscray, Epping, Eltham and other locations as required
- Full time maximum term contract until 30 June 2022
- Salary Packaging & extra paid Leave benefits
We are currently seeking an experienced Manager to join our New Arrival and Intercultural Program and oversee the 4 principal SETS sites in Melbourne; manage the Asylum Seeker Support Program; Settlement Services; and Green Patch Programs.
The main objectives of the role are to:
- Provide leadership in the development of CatholicCare’s New Arrival and Intercultural Programs and manage the delivery of such programs
- Be a subject matter expert and provide leadership within CatholicCare for new arrival and intercultural strategies within other programs and for advocacy in relation to new arrivals and intercultural aspects of broader social inclusion and cohesion.
To be successful in this role you will ideally possess:
- Relevant higher education or vocational qualification in social work, allied health, welfare, community development, health promotion, education or other relevant area
- Relevant higher education or vocational qualification in management, administration, frontline management and supervision including coursework undertaking within a range of health, community and social sciences post graduate qualifications, or other non-accredited training
- Track record of achievements at a management level in the not-for-profit sector, including strategic planning, innovation and business reporting
- Significant experience managing staff engaged in health and human services case work and other community development, behaviour change or education activities
- Demonstrated leadership skills, in particular experience in leading and managing people to achieve desired outcomes
- Knowledge and understanding of the settlement needs and issues for refugees, asylum seekers and humanitarian entrants
- Demonstrated ability to support inter-cultural capability in a health /human services setting
In return you will work in a supportive team environment and will receive attractive staff benefits!
About the Organisation
CatholicCare works on behalf of the Archdiocese of Melbourne and the Diocese of Sale with a mission to break down the barriers to social inclusion by strengthening families and communities. Our vision is for a stronger, more resilient and inclusive society – where everyone can reach their potential and enjoy life to the full.
Apply for this Job
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Manager, New Arrival and Intercultural Programs via Pro Bono Australia.