About the role
In this role you will be expected to:
• In conjunction with line manager, set and achieve financial targets in excess of $2m annually.
• In conjunction with campaign team, achieve extraordinary capacity campaign gifts from annual giving donors.
• Develop and implement individualised major gifts strategies for agreed caseload of up to 150 donors.
• Implement major donor cultivation and stewardship activities including private tours, boardroom meetings, functions and donor reports.
• Manage external fundraising committees, including acting as secretary, organising agenda, minutes and reports.
• Contribute to a strategic major gift program including moves management protocols and processes; cultivation and stewardship strategy, financial and non-financial performance reports.
• Participate in developing and improving highly effective communication and fundraising strategies across the CCR team.
Skills and Experience
You will have:
• Postgraduate qualification with relevant experience or Major gift fundraising experience and proven management expertise.
• Experience in achieving revenue targets.
• Experience in strategic relationship moves management.
• Experience in liaising with a range of stakeholders.
• Experience in developing protocols.
• Experience in managing committees and coordinating events.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Demonstrated knowledge of strategic relationship fundraising, in particular major gift strategy implementation.
• Experience in reviewing major gift policies, objectives and strategies involving high level liaison with internal and external client areas.
• Interest or experience in working in medical research or health is advantageous.
• Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines without compromising attention to detail and accuracy.
About the organisation
Baker Heart and Diabetes Institute is an independent, internationally renowned medical research facility. Our work extends from the laboratory to wide-scale community studies with a focus on diagnosis, prevention and treatment of diabetes and cardiovascular disease.
We seek a Manager, Philanthropic Relations with solid experience in the field of major gift fundraising or high level sales to join our Community and Corporate Relations (CCR) group.
CCR’s core objective is to support the Institute to achieve its mission by raising funds for recruitment and development of researchers, research projects, equipment, infrastructure, capital expansion and capacity building. Our secondary objective is to raise the awareness of Baker and the work we do in the community, in order to achieve our fundraising objective.
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Manager, Philanthropic Relations via Pro Bono Australia.