About the Role
The Mito Foundation is seeking a highly skilled and enthusiastic part-time Marketing and Communications Manager to develop and drive the marketing and communications strategy in support of the Foundation’s services and fundraising activities.
This role is permanent part-time. Reporting directly to the CEO, you will develop and deliver marketing and communications strategies, be responsible for brand management, PR and media management, and creating and overseeing communications for a diverse range of audiences and channels. With recent changes in the communications team, you will also have the opportunity to develop this small, committed team.
The role is a busy, hands-on position supporting the organisation across the services and fundraising departments to deliver the Foundation’s initiatives and have a real impact on the lives of those affected by mito.
Key responsibilities include:
- Develop, implement and manage marketing and communications strategies
- Create and oversee communications across the Services (research, education, support and advocacy) and Fundraising (strategic and direct) departments
- Manage communications for ‘The Bloody Long Walk National Series’ fundraising across nine events nationwide
- Manage social media strategy across multiple sub-brands
- Manage external suppliers, including graphic designers, PR and marketing agencies
- Manage PR and media for initiative to change Australian government legislation
- Create quarterly review and forecast report covering all departments for Board, Advisory Panels and other high-level stakeholders, regular communication with stakeholders
- Position the Mito Foundation as the leading mitochondrial disease (mito) focused organisation in Australia and support strengthening of relations with international mito groups
As the successful candidate, you will have:
- Five or more years’ relevant experience in a similar role, with relevant tertiary qualifications
- Proven experience creating and delivering marketing and communications strategies, including managing external agencies/suppliers
- Demonstrated leadership skills and outstanding organisational skills
- Exceptional written communication skills with the ability to write for various audiences across various channels, and a commitment to communications/marketing excellence
- High attention to detail
- Advanced computer literacy across systems including MS Office, databases, email marketing platforms and content management systems
- Passion to get behind our cause, with team spirit, and a flexible and friendly nature
The following would be advantageous:
- Experience in similar industry (health promotion charity)
- Experience with Sales Force, WordPress, email marketing systems, Google Ad Words, and social media platforms (including Facebook ads)
- Knowledge of Australian government, health system, medical education systems and the not-for-profit sector
- A connection with mito
About the Organisation
Based in Surry Hills, the Mito Foundation offers flexible and family friendly working arrangements with attractive salary packing options leveraging Mito Foundation’s FBT exemption status to maximise your take home pay.
The Mito Foundation supports those affected by mitochondrial disease (mito), funds essential research into the prevention, diagnosis, treatment and cures of mitochondrial disorders, and increases awareness and education about this devastating disease. One Australian child born each week will develop a severe or life-threatening form of mitochondrial disease (mito).
The Mito Foundation’s mission is to support the mito community whilst seeking cures.
Mito is a debilitating genetic disorder that robs the body’s cells of energy, causing multiple organ dysfunction or failure and potentially death. There are no cures and few effective treatments. It affects 1 in 5000 people, making it the second most commonly diagnosed, serious genetic disease after cystic fibrosis. Mito can cause any symptom in any organ at any age.
For more information about Mito Foundation, please visit www.mito.org.au.
The Mito Foundation is evolving and we currently have multiple opportunities available for great people to join us in making a difference for people affected by this devastating disease. Check out www.mito.org.au/opportunities and if you know anyone who might be suitable, please let them know.
Apply for this Job
For details concerning this role, please contact
Phone : 02 8033 4113
Email : email@example.com
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Marketing and Communications Manager – Part-time via Pro Bono Australia.