About the Role
Ensemble Offspring is looking for a keen, sharp and talented individual to be our new Marketing & Development Coordinator to promote our innovative new music organisation, a national leader in the new music field with almost 25 years of experience in the industry. This position is ideal for an enthusiastic self-starter with experience in marketing and communications. We are looking for someone who possesses digital media as well as marketing skills, and has excellent relationship management capabilities too. If you’re someone who is looking to build stakeholder relationship experience and take the next steps in their career with a growing and successful small-medium organisation, come and tell us how you can address the criteria below.
The Marketing & Development Coordinator is a critical role for Ensemble Offspring. We are looking for a positive and energetic new face for the company who will promote our culture of innovation, excellence and agility, in supporting our vision.You will ensure that the ensemble’s marketingand promotional needs are being met byrunning the day-to-day operations of communications, maintenance of our website and online presence, with a focus on digital modes of dissemination and technical skills a must. You will pursuedevelopment opportunities and plan fundraising events, diversifying an expanding range of potential income streams, including government grants, philanthropic, corporate and private donors, foundations and trusts, and business partnerships.This is a unique opportunity to join a vibrant and successful music organisation, working with a small and dedicated team in an exciting next phase of Ensemble Offspring’s trajectory.
KEY ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Marketing & Communications:
- In collaboration with the Artistic Director and General Manager, plan, develop and execute a Marketing and Communications Strategy – both an overarching strategy and specific project-based strategies, consistent with the Strategic Plan.
- Create Ensemble Offspring monthly newsletter (Mailchimp template).
- Draft, revise, adapt and proof promotional copy.
- Liaise with external presenters on publicity requirements, and supply partner organisations and media outlets with appropriately chosen and edited images.
- Use graphics software to produce and adapt promotional material to suit the needs of a range of media outlets and partner organisations.
- Create and edit in-house promotional videos related to forthcoming events.
- Coordinate, implement and analyse audience surveys.
- Oversee and analyse data collection for marketing purposes.
- Collate, analyse and report on marketing activities, evaluating for future improvement.
- Coordinate printing and production of marketing and promotional materials.
- Create, adapt and manage educational resources.
Website & Online Marketing:
- Create website content,develop and maintain website.
- Devise and implement Search Engine Optimisation strategies.
- Coordinate social media profiles and feeds (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter).
- Create and disseminate content for all social media platforms.
- Upload and file archival material (photos, video, reviews) and select examples to disseminate via website and social media channels.
- In collaboration withthe Artistic Director, General Manager and Board,developandexecuteaDevelopment Strategy (including a Fundraising Plan) for the next four years.
- Identifypotentialphilanthropic,corporateandprivatedonorsandcultivate relationships in association with the Artistic Director.
- Work with the Artistic Director and General Manager to develop earned income opportunities for the organisation, including through foundations and corporate support.
- Drive the implementation of the Fundraising Plan.
- Work with the Artistic Director and General Manager on the preparation of grant applications and acquittals.
- Maintain funding calendar and track grant application deadlines.
- Createandexecuteannualandevent‐relatedfundraisingcampaigns and events.
- Maintain donor database, including tracking donations in Insightly.
- Help contribute to a company culture that inspires and supports everyone that comes into contact with Ensemble Offspring.
- Build and maintain diverse, effective, and sustainable relationships and partnerships, including with media organisations, co-presenters, patrons, philanthropic organisations, business sponsors, donors, collaborators, musicians, and funding bodies at the local, state, and national level.
- Attend performances and other events as required (including out of ordinary work hours).
- Advocate for the organisation publicly, and proactively contribute to sector advocacy in Australia by building and maintaining relationships and partnerships within the industry.
ESSENTIAL SELECTION CRITERIA:
- A passion for music and enthusiasm for the creative output of Ensemble Offspring.
- Relevant tertiary qualifications and/or workplace-based experience in marketing, communications, development and/or fundraising.
- Demonstrated experience in dealing with external stakeholders in a multi-disciplinary environment, including outstanding relationship management skills to build and maintain relationships.
- Proven ability to hit and grow fundraising targets and manage budgets.
- Demonstrated strong planning and problem-solving skills, including the ability to prioritise workloads and meet competing deadlines, while working in a small, budget savvy team.
- Excellent and effective verbal and written communication, with a commitment to a culture of inclusion and diversity.
- Demonstrated experience in website management, ideally WordPress, and knowledge of Search Engine Optimisation strategies.
- Demonstrated experience in graphic design programs such as Indesign, Photoshop or similar, and skills to perform basic design tasks such as layout, image resizing, etc.
- Knowledge of editing software, such as Premier Pro, iMovie or similar, and general technical nous.
- Experience with various marketing platforms, ideally Mailchimp, and CRM systems such as Insightly.
- Demonstrated experience in the arts or media, preferably with a knowledge of the national performing arts scene.
- Current driver’s licence and own vehicle.
- Experience working in a small organisation in a varied role with a multi-tasking environment.
- Familiarity with team-based work management systems such as Asana.
About the Organisation
Ensemble Offspring is a Sydney based chamber music group with almost 25 years of experience in championing adventurous new music nationally and internationally. Led by acclaimed percussionist, Claire Edwardes, and featuring some of Australia’s most innovative performers, the organisation is passionate about nurturing the work of emerging and living composers. The organisation has multi-year funding with both the Australia Council for the Arts and Create NSW, and is based at the Red Rattler Theatre, Marrickville.
Apply for this Job
For details concerning this role, please contact
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Marketing & Development Coordinator via Pro Bono Australia.