About the role
Opportunity International Australia is looking for an experienced National Development Manager to lead a Development team based in the Melbourne CBD. This exciting role is required to help position our organisation for significant growth as we surge forward in our mission to not just fight poverty, but end it.
As the manager of the Victorian office, this role reports to the Chief Philanthropy Officer and works closely with the National Marketing Manager, National Communications Manager and CEO, all of whom are located in Sydney. This role will manage the entire Development team comprised of team members in Victoria, Western Australia, New South Wales and Queensland.
The successful candidate will lead the development and implementation of the Australian fundraising strategic plan, which will raise the profile and fundraising revenue of Opportunity International Australia. Join a dynamic team as we embark on our next chapter and break new ground, having a greater impact than ever before!
- Manage the Business Development team as they raise funds from major supporters in their respective regions
- Oversee the portfolios of State Managers and manage the strategy and processes of supporters under relationship management
- Develop and oversee the midlevel donor strategy
- Develop meaningful key performance indicators for prospect identification and move management while overseeing the development of accurate dashboards
- Manage a portfolio of existing major supporters that includes face to face engagement, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship
- Plan and contribute to philanthropy strategy days and coordinate the results into strategic documents
- Ensure the development and smooth execution of a national event strategy to further engage supporters
- Contribute to and execute Social Media strategy to further position Opportunity as the charity of choice
- Actively seek and build new relationships with major supporters through prospecting activities to grow the supporter base in number and revenue
- Establish contacts among key networks and our target groups
- Provide professional mentorship, advice, support and guidance to the team to ensure their development and lead with industry knowledge.
YOUR SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
- Commitment to the core values and aims of Opportunity; cultural fit with the team and an understanding and appreciation of Opportunity’s Christian motivation
- Demonstrated experience in strategic philanthropy and acquisition and development of clients/major gift supporters
- Excellent organisational and administrative abilities – ability to organise, multi-task and prioritise to ensure key responsibilities are completed and deadlines met
- Flexible and adaptable to change, thrives under pressure
- Excellent interpersonal and stakeholder management skills and ability to manage competing expectations and needs within a diverse team
- High standards of execution and ability to follow and develop efficient processes
- Analytical and strategic, driven to achieve ambitious revenue targets
- Previous experience managing staff and building successful team environments across multiple regions.
This role would suit a candidate with a bachelor’s degree in a relevant field with at least five years of professional experience, preferably in management, financial services, fundraising, relationship management or prospect development. A master’s degree would be an asset. International and cross-cultural experience with a not-for-profit is desirable. Ability to meet frequent interstate and/or international travel requirements is essential.
Opportunity is a child safe organisation. The successful candidate will be required to undertake a National Police Check and adhere to our Child Protection Policy.
About the organisation
We believe that ending poverty is the single most significant thing we can accomplish in our lifetime. There are currently two billion people around the world living in poverty, surviving on less than we would spend on our daily cup of coffee. With more than 45 years’ experience, Opportunity International Australia exists to give these families the tools they need to work their way out of poverty. Our work is motivated by the love of God towards all people.
We recognise that poverty is complex, so we use a multi-faceted approach to solving it. Working with local partners, we deliver holistic solutions to target the three biggest obstacles that people living in poverty face: livelihoods, health and education. We help families use small loans to start businesses so they can earn their own incomes; we improve health, sanitation and nutrition so illnesses don’t stop them from running their business; and we support better education so that the next generation of children can leave poverty for good.
Join us! Together, we can become the solution for world poverty, one life at a time.
Don’t fight poverty – end it.
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: National Development Manager via Pro Bono Australia.