About the Role
- Deliver success to an ambitious new campaign for philanthropic giving in a leading Not-For-Profit
- Cultivate and strengthen donor relationships maximising investment in a worthy cause
- 2x full-time permanent positions – St Kilda Road, Melbourne
About your opportunity
This newly developed role represents an exciting opportunity for two ambitious Philanthropy Managers to work strategically with Cancer Council’s most generous supporters and prospects. With a passion for philanthropy and genuine support of our vision, your efforts will ensure significant and long-term financial investment for Cancer Council’s priority programs.
Reporting to the Head of Philanthropic Partnerships, you will be responsible for:
- Implementing strategies to deliver meaningful and financially successful relationships with a portfolio of major donors, charitable trusts and foundations
- Matching the interests and priorities of major donors and trusts and foundations with the funding needs of Cancer Council’s programs and mission
- Delivering sustainable income growth through genuine relationship management and sophisticated fundraising asks
- Maximising the potential of existing and prospective supporters through dynamic, tailored and one-on-one personal engagement, targeted communications, visits and events
- Managing growth of a major donor pipeline while ensuring the accuracy and sensitivity of reporting and record keeping.
This is the opportunity to position yourself as a key contributor to the successful growth of philanthropy for Cancer Council Victoria as we launch a new high value fundraising campaign.
All about you
You will thrive as Philanthropy Manager if you are results-driven, have a genuine interest in people and are not afraid to ‘make the ask’ to increase supporter engagement in Cancer Council Victoria’s mission.
Ideally you will have degree qualifications in a related relevant discipline, or equivalent experience, combined with:
- Proven success securing major donations and fundraising bids in a not-for-profit setting, or transferable skills from a sales environment
- Demonstrated interest in the philanthropic sector and an understanding of current fundraising trends, techniques and challenges
- Diplomatic relationship management and communication skills, with the demonstrated ability to maintain productive and long-term engagements with high value supporters or customers
- Proven success in managing budgets and achieving financial objectives.
What we can offer you
These 2 x full-time permanent positions provide a salary commensurate with the position level and experience plus superannuation, annual leave loading and the benefits of not-for-profit salary packaging and a meal entertainment card. We also offer a flexible and friendly work environment, social and wellbeing activities and a location close to public transport.
About the Organisation
Since our establishment in 1936, Cancer Council Victoria has developed an international reputation for our innovative work in cancer research, prevention and support. As an independent, not-for-profit organisation, we play a leading role in reducing the impact of all cancers on all people.
Within the Fundraising and Communication Division, the Philanthropic Partnerships Unit is responsible for delivering significant and sustainable income from major donors and charitable trusts and foundations. We do this through effective relationship management strategies with supporters and prospects, face to face meetings, proposal writing and grant submissions, stewardship and donor research intelligence.
Apply for this Job
For details concerning this role, please contact
Phone : (03) 9514 6694
Email : email@example.com
To apply and for more info
Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Peoples are encouraged to apply.
Culturally and linguistically diverse applicants are encouraged to apply.
To apply for this opportunity visit http://www.cancervic.org.au/about/careers/job-opportunities to download a Position Description and forward your full application (cover letter and resume) to firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information contact Megan Potter on (03) 9514 6694 or email@example.com.
Cancer Council will only make contact with applicants that are shortlisted for interview. We are also unable to respond to recruitment agency enquiries.
All offers of employment will be made subject to satisfactory completion of employment checks including evidence of right to work in Australia, and a National Police Check. A current Driver’s licence will also be required
Applications close Wednesday 27 February 2019
Please quote in application: Philanthropy Manager (FCD.20) via Pro Bono Australia.