About the role
UC Camping (UCC) is seeking an experienced and qualified individual to manage the facilitation of the outdoor education programs at our Halls Gap campsites and support the activity programs at Adekate Lodge in Creswick.
- Norval and Camp Acacia in Halls Gap https://www.uccamping.org.au/halls-gap/
- Adekate Lodge in Creswick https://www.uccamping.org.au/creswick/
Being a member of the Campsite Management Team, as the Program Manager, you will be responsible for developing and leading a team of around 15 staff members. The ability to manage external contractors and develop strong relationships with our clients is essential.
The role provides a diverse work environment and includes managerial and operational tasks, with some ‘on call’ work. The successful candidate will be a hands-on manager who demonstrates a commitment to the value of education outdoors and camping experiences.
This is a full-time permanent opportunity with a preference for the Program Manager to live on site. An attractive remuneration package is being offered.
To secure this role you will have:
- Tertiary qualifications in Outdoor Education/Recreation or a related field (e.g. Environmental Science, Nature-based tourism) or equivalent industry experience.
- Three to five years of successful experience in a related role of similar scope and complexity.
- Formal certifications/qualifications in Bushwalking, Challenge Ropes, Climbing / Abseiling, Mountain Biking, Cannoning and Paddling are highly desirable.
Site inspection is encouraged, however, is strictly by appointment. For further information, please call Daniel Murray, Director-UC Camping on 0402 105 229.
About the organisation
UC Camping (UCC) is accredited by the Australian Camps Association to operate several group accommodation venues (campsites) throughout Victoria. The sites provide group accommodation and hospitality for up to 300 guests, coming from a broad range of user groups.
UC Camping is a child and youth safe organisation committed to the protection of children and young people. Our venues and services are committed to an ethos of integrity, inclusion, respect for others and the environment, openness and honesty. A willingness to work within the ethos of the Uniting Church in Australia is essential.
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Program Manager (outdoor activities) via Pro Bono Australia.