About the role
About your opportunity
The Optimal care pathways (OCPs) are national guides to promote best practice cancer care for specific cancer types. They describe the key steps in a patient’s cancer journey and expected standards of care at each stage.
They aim to improve patient outcomes by promoting quality cancer care and ensuring that all people diagnosed with cancer receive the best care, regardless of where they live or receive cancer treatment. In partnership with Cancer Council Victoria, the Victorian Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) are leading the implementation and adoption of the OCPs into the acute and primary care settings within and beyond Victoria.
We are seeking a highly organised and driven Project Coordinator to support the development, revision and implementation of the OCPs for cancer. Reporting to the Head of Optimal Care Pathways at Cancer Council Victoria and working closely with the DHHS and other peak bodies and clinician groups, you will:
- Manage the continual development and review of OCP clinical and consumer resources against project milestones.
- Devise project promotion strategies that integrate OCP resources into existing communication channels and clinical service delivery, maximising awareness and uptake.
- Build relationships to ensure successful collaboration between Cancer Council Victoria, DHHS, and other relevant internal and external stakeholders.
- Facilitate evaluation of OCP resources using a variety of qualitative and quantitative methods
- Utilise your exceptional written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills to influence the provision of optimal cancer care by key stakeholders across Victoria.
All about you
We are looking for someone with:
- A health-related tertiary qualification and substantial project management experience.
- Demonstrated experience in the management, development and evaluation of resources for consumers and clinicians.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of individuals and groups.
- Excellent relationship management skills, with the ability to influence and negotiate with internal and external stakeholders.
What we can offer you
This full time fixed term position for 12 months, provides a salary range between $70,593 to $79,370 pa plus superannuation, annual leave loading and the benefits of not-for-profit salary packaging and a meal entertainment card. We also offer a flexible and friendly work environment, social and wellbeing activities and a location close to public transport.
About the organisation
About your environment
Cancer Council Victoria has been leading efforts against cancer since 1936 through world leading research, prevention, support and advocacy programs. The Strategy and Support Division comprises the units of Cancer Information and Support Services (CISS), Research and Programs Governance (RPG), Cancer Strategy, and Optimal Care Pathways (OCPs).
The Optimal Care Pathways unit is key to delivering internal and external cancer control priorities and develop, promote and implement optimal care pathways as a local and national policy initiative to improve the patient experience and benchmark and monitor best cancer care provision.
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Project Coordinator, Optimal Care Pathways (OCP.01) via Pro Bono Australia.