About the Role
The year 2020 marks 150 years of The Royal Children’s Hospital (RCH) providing outstanding healthcare to the children of Victoria. From humble beginnings in the heart of Melbourne, the RCH has risen to become a world leading children’s hospital within a highly respected academic health science precinct. The anniversary is a time to celebrate the achievements of the RCH and the affection which the community feels for it.
It is the time and it is the perfect occasion (just on a decade after the opening of the new hospital), to both acknowledge and honour what has been achieved and to reaffirm the ongoing and unswerving commitment to continually improving health outcomes for the community’s most vulnerable children, today and into the future.
If you would like to join this great organisation and deliver a program that honours the past while plotting a path for the future, apply for the position of RCH150 Project Director. Working closely with the RCH Foundation and the hospital you will be responsible for the implementation of the project plan; build a core group of partners with whom the plan will be executed; liaise with communications staff and social media support staff and volunteers to deliver the program, and assist in the delivery of supporter engagement programs.
You will have
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in project management/event delivery/festival role
- Demonstrable experience in developing and executing major events, with a community focus, from inception to completion of a project
- Demonstrable experience building and developing positive working relationships with a wide variety of internal and external stakeholders
- Excellent verbal communication, negotiation and presentation skills
- Innovative and creative approach to opportunities and solving potential problems
- Demonstrable ability to display initiative, manage priorities, manage multiple issues and projects simultaneously, take responsibility for projects and show a proactive attitude
- Demonstrable ability to build effective relationships with a diverse range of stakeholders
- Clear understanding of and personal commitment to the mission and values of the RCH and RCH Foundation
About the Organisation
The RCH has been providing outstanding care to Victoria’s children and their families for nearly 150 years.
The RCH Foundation is the fundraising arm of the hospital. We raise, manage and distribute money to enable the RCH to provide the best care to patients and their families.
You can create a brighter future for sick children
Your donations support the RCH and its campus partners, The Murdoch Children’s Research Institute(MCRI) and The University of Melbourne Department of Paediatrics, to push the boundaries of paediatric healthcare.
Apply for this Job
For details concerning this role, please contact
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Project Director – RCH150 via Pro Bono Australia.