About the role
The Victoria Police Medical Advisory Unit provides expert occupational health services and advice to support the operational and recruitment activities of Victoria Police. The area is a multi-disciplinary team currently consisting of Doctors, Nurses, Administrative staff and Victoria Police members.
The main duties of the Medical Advisory Unit are:
- Directions to Attend (DTA) the Police Medical Officer (fitness for duty assessments)
- Drug and alcohol testing
- Medical Advice Line
- Recruitment and Specialist Group medicals
The vacant position is a full time, fixed term up until 30 June 2022 position, available for an experienced Psychologist with strong Organisational skills and the ability to work in a fast paced environment.
Your duties will include:
- Management of the Psychometric testing and interview process on behalf of Victoria Police.
- Internal Psychometric testing and interviewing of internal employees.
- Quality control of the process including overseeing the evaluation of Psychometric tests and interview reports.
- Reporting to management on the results of the process.
As the successful applicant, you will have:
- Highly developed skills in the interpretation and oversight of Psychometric assessments.
- Experience working in a large Organisation and managing competing demands.
- Highly developed communication skills.
- Strong stakeholder management skills.
- Full registration as a Psychologist with Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA) and provide registration number.
- Membership or eligibility for membership of the Australian Psychological Society (APS).
- Postgraduate qualifications and/or experience in selection and assessment.
Requirements and relevant information:
- CBD Location.
- Applicants must be an Australian Citizen, Permanent Resident or hold a valid work permit or visa.
- One (1) full time, fixed term (until 30/06/2022) position available.
- VPSG5 salary range $96,942 – $117,293 p.a + super + leave loading.
About the organisation
Victoria Police is a large organisation employing police, public servants and protective services officers. Victoria Police provides support to the community 24 hours a day, 365 days of the year.
At Victoria Police our goal is for our workforce to reflect the diverse community we serve. We continually seek to attract and retain a diverse workforce which includes people of all genders, ages, religions, disability, sexual orientation, family and caring responsibilities and cultures including people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander heritage.
Find out what it is like working as a Victorian Public Servant for Victoria Police: http://www.policecareer.vic.gov.au
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Psychologist- Medical Advisory Unit (VPSG-5) (20037664) via Pro Bono Australia.