About the Role
The Victoria Police Medical Advisory Unit provides expert occupational health services and advice to support the operational and recruitment activities of Victoria Police. The area is a multi-disciplinary team currently consisting of Doctors, Nurses, Administrative staff and Victoria Police members.
The main duties of the Medical Advisory Unit are:
- Directions to Attend (DTA) the Police Medical Officer (fitness for duty assessments)
- Drug and alcohol testing
- Medical Advice Line
- Recruitment and Specialist Group medicals
The vacant position is a full time, fixed term up until 30 June 2022 position, available for an experienced Psychologist with strong Organisational skills and the ability to work in a fast paced environment.
Your duties will include:
- Management of the Psychometric testing and interview process on behalf of Victoria Police.
- Internal Psychometric testing and interviewing of internal employees.
- Quality control of the process including overseeing the evaluation of Psychometric tests and interview reports.
- Reporting to management on the results of the process.
As the successful applicant, you will have:
- Highly developed skills in the interpretation and oversight of Psychometric assessments.
- Experience working in a large Organisation and managing competing demands.
- Highly developed communication skills.
- Strong stakeholder management skills.
- Full registration as a Psychologist with Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA) and provide registration number.
- Membership or eligibility for membership of the Australian Psychological Society (APS).
- Postgraduate qualifications and/or experience in selection and assessment.
Requirements and relevant information:
- CBD Location.
- Applicants must be an Australian Citizen, Permanent Resident or hold a valid work permit or visa.
- One (1) full time, fixed term (until 30/06/2022) position available.
- VPSG5 salary range $96,942 – $117,293 p.a + super + leave loading.
About the Organisation
Victoria Police is a large organisation employing police, public servants and protective services officers. Victoria Police provides support to the community 24 hours a day, 365 days of the year.
At Victoria Police our goal is for our workforce to reflect the diverse community we serve. We continually seek to attract and retain a diverse workforce which includes people of all genders, ages, religions, disability, sexual orientation, family and caring responsibilities and cultures including people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander heritage.
Find out what it is like working as a Victorian Public Servant for Victoria Police: http://www.policecareer.vic.gov.au
Apply for this Job
For details concerning this role, please contact
Phone : (03) 9247 3865
Your application must include:
- Resume, and;
- Completed application form - attached to the job advertisement.
Applications close midnight, Sunday 24 February 2019 - No applications will be accepted via email. Please apply on the following link, at the VPS Careers page and search for this job reference 20037664 – https://careers.vic.gov.au/
For further information on this role please contact: Foti Blaher on (03) 9247 3865 or via email MEDICALADVISORYUNIT@police.vic.gov.au
If you have a disability/medical condition and require a copy of this advertisement and attached documentation in an accessible format or would like to discuss an access requirements/reasonable adjustment for the recruitment process, please contact VPS Recruitment via email VPSRECRUITMENT@police.vic.gov.au.
Please quote in application: Psychologist- Medical Advisory Unit (VPSG-5) (20037664) via Pro Bono Australia.