About the Role
- Position: Full time, possibilty of (0.8) if preferred
- Location Bundoora
- Salary : $95,000 to $110,000
About the role:
The position will provide leadership, direction, and support to all staff employed by the program. This includes ensuring all staff is provided with appropriate training opportunities to enhance their capacity to provide a quality service. The position is responsible for all aspects of Ngarra Jarra Noun, including continued advocacy with governments to ensure continuous improvement to the structure of the NRS and that the needs of Aboriginal applicants are responded to in a culturally informed and sensitive manner.
To be considered you must demonstrate:
- Awareness and appreciation of Aboriginal societies and cultures and an understanding of the issues affecting Aboriginal people in contemporary Australia and the diversity of circumstances of Aboriginal people’
- Commitment to VACCA’s vision and purpose.
- Sound knowledge of and experience working with trauma and particularly the Stolen Generations.
- Demonstrated experience in the management, professional supervision, and development of a team of direct service delivery staff.
- Demonstrated awareness of the unique nature of Ngarra Jarra Noun and associated organisational risks and challenges.
About the Organisation
The Victorian Aboriginal Child Care Agency (VACCA) is the largest organisation of its kind in Australia. VACCA is an Aboriginal community-controlled organization that supports and advocates for the Aboriginal community. Our strength lies with our people. Our team is committed to the organisation's vision and values; advocates for our children and other vulnerable community members; and shows respect for, observance and compliance with Aboriginal cultural protocols, practice and ceremony. Our Aboriginality is what distinguishes us from mainstream services and what enables us to deliver the positive outcomes we achieve for our people.
Apply for this Job
For more information regarding your exciting future with VACCA, please contact Bavi Rai on 927 8835.
For a copy of the position description and to apply for this position, please visit www.vacca.recruitmenthub.com.au/Vacancies
Applications must include:
- A cover letter outlining why you are applying for this position
- A resume with your skills, experience and qualifications
- Written responses to the key selection criteria, including short examples demonstrating your proficiency for each criteria
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply
Please quote in application: Senior Program Manager – Redress Support Services via Pro Bono Australia.